Labour pains?

Up until 5cm I thought 'hell yeah I can cope with this.. whats the fuss about'

5cm onwards they got more painful than I expected them to be but they are bareable! I am such a wimp, i cry from stumping my toe lol. But even though they are really painful, time passes sooooo fast. I kinda just let my mind slip away with each contraction, a bit like a natural instinct in me took over controlling the pain.

I did ask for an epidural but didn't get one in end, so just gas and air. You'll be fine, the moment LO is placed on your chest you dont even think about pain its gone!

good luck xxx

I think the wors thing is it being so tiring and lasting so long. I found early on in the labour I could breathe through the contractions ok, but as I got tired I didn't have the energy to breathe properly or focus on it.
I'd say the tiredness is the hardest part.

I am not sure worse but certainly different my labour was fast 2 hours so didn't build up gradually and ten mins before i was about to deliver i asked if the were proper contractions as i didn't think i could cope if they weren't but you get into a zone to cope with them and if you can't there are drugs LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back