labour pains??

JuicyJess

Reaction score
yesterday i had a lovely relxing shower :) , but when i came out baby was very active and i started getting braxton hicks. i had them ALL DAY! :shock: and by night they were so painful that i couldnt even eat my dinner it took me over and hour! i was up and down, i even sat on the floor but it didnt help! :( i had my friend over and she was getting very woried lol :D in the end i took paracetamol it helped abit but i only slept a couple of hours cuz i was so uncumfortable and sleepless! iv still got pains this morning and im worried abouit taking another shower now lol. any advice? plz reply xxx

Are the pains regular at all? Or are the pains getting longer in length? x

im not sure, just that i keep getting on and off pains :( thanks for the quick reply xxx

How often are they hunnie? A shower shouldn't effect anything except maybe make things more comfortable for you? I often sit with the shower running down my back to ease the general pains of pregnancy.
I'd give your midwife a bell or get a docs appt today if you'd rather not call her.
They are there to help and you're never wasting their time.

i only thought they were braxton hicks? so i didnt really worry too much but i have a mw appointment tomorro. i was just going to tell her about the pains then. my mum was an angel lastnight rubbing my back for me bless her i wish she would come home from work to do it again lol :D

LOL awwww bless ya. If they're not regular and aren't increasing in pain strength they they more than likely are braxton hicks.
More than 4 Braxton hicks an hour is unusual though and should be monitored.
If they got longer and/or closer together then you know the drill.

iv got one at the min. ill record it for you. i thought it couldnt be the real thing because they got better and not as painful this morning. :?

iv got another one thats not right is it? 4mins 22secs :cry: xxx

Awww hunnie don't cry - give your midwife a ring and let her know. How long are the pains lasting? xx

Have you had an upset tummy at all recently or had any charges in your discharge?

im not sure how long they are lasting my belly goes hard for ages! ye iv had more discharge lately. :oops: xxx

more discharge can be a sign of things kicking off. but it could just be hormones too. i would give her a bell if i was you. have you been getting more about 5 mins apart?
xx

yeah my stomach keeps going really hard but im not sure im timing it right because it might be the position shes in? do you think i should wait till my mum comes in in a couple of hours and see what she says? xxx

How far are you now 36 weeks?
If you want to talk to someone you can always ring me? I'm no midwife but I'll listen if you need someone to talk to?
Are you in the house on your own?
I think you should ring the midwife though - she knows the best plan of action and it's better to be safer than sorry x

yeah im 36weeks and about 5days. i think im going to call my mum to make her come home xxx

I would sweetie - good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thinking of you xxx

Jess hunny,

try not to worry to much, take a warm bath if you can, i had this alot on my two, turned out to be braxon hicks, they do get stronger and more frequent at teh end, if after your bath you are still getting them, then phone your midwife.

best to call your mum home to be with you, she can reasure you

xxx

have you been drinking lots..... if not maybe you cud be dehydrated.. that can cause painful braxton hicks?

try drinking and have a lie down.. if it calms down its most likely not labour.. if it stays the same.. ring the midwife see what she suggests.

just dont painc... your only a few days from being full term so ur baby will be fine if u did deliever now

let us know

thankyou so much girls i knew i could rely on you lot! :lol: my mum will be home soon and i have been drinking loads especially lastnight. i had a really bad pain about 10mins ago so i called my mum. im just eating a bowl of chicken noodle soup to see it that helps. i really hope this doesnt carry on!! thanks again, ill keep you all posted xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back