labour complications

annaespana1

Reaction score
Don't want this thread to scare anyone or add to our already full mind-full of worries about birth but I need to have a list of some of the complications that can happen at birth.
I want a home birth as feel if everything is ok it's the best option. But my mum has come over for the weekend and started asking me about what the midwife will do if certain complications occur- 2 she mentioned were; baby stops breathing and I have a massive hemorage/bleed.
I didn't know the answer and now she's really worried (dad's really ill and I think it's all a bit too much)

so, I've said I'll ask MW on Tuesday when she comes for a home visit about all thses complications and how she'll deal with them

what I need from you ladies (if you please) is a list of stuff that can go wrong- I know it's not a nice thread but for me it's necessary cheers :hug:

Retained placenta was a complication I'd never heard off until it happened to me... but apparently its quite common.... they will have to remove it manually... but I've heard it can be done without anaesthetics (not recommended as I had mine done with a spinal block and it wasn't the most pleasant feeling in the world:.. :roll: )... Dunno how they deal with it here in Spain though hun... in our area home births on the the Spanish NHS aren't permitted..

:think:

I really admire women who take natures perspective and choose to give birth at home, but im a bit of a cowardly cat and find comfort in having doctors and access to machinery close by. I don't think any midwife would voluntarily choose to assist a hypochondriac with a panic head anyway! Better then I go and let them do their thing in the hospital lol but I wish you all the best of luck, whichever you ultimately decide to choose hun ! xx

PS: And after hearing all Squig's horror stories about spanish midwives I'm not even gonna stay in Spain lol.. :shock:

Pregnopaws said:
I really admire women who take natures perspective and choose to give birth at home, but im a bit of a cowardly cat and find comfort in having doctors and access to machinery close by. I don't think any midwife would voluntarily choose to assist a hypochondriac with a panic head anyway! Better then I go and let them do their thing in the hospital lol but I wish you all the best of luck, whichever you ultimately decide to choose hun ! xx

PS: And after hearing all Squig's horror stories about spanish midwives I'm not even gonna stay in Spain lol.. :shock:

LOL my midwife is lovely actually.... she's all for the whole natural thing... she just doesn't get the backing from the NHS... :( She agrees with me that the whole relaxation pool thing is rubbish and we should be allowed to give birth in it.... I actually think she provides a better service than my UK midwives do... She never makes me feel stupid or idiotic... and has always showed great concern for any of my ailments... and time when she has panicked because she's been worried about me... and you can see it's genuine. :) Nancy is truly a lovely person.

Its the doctors you've got to worry about... they are very much like... Pregnancy is an illness that needs to be treated and cured... when it's just not... :roll: as for peeing in a pot over 24 hours... that was another doctor who said I had to do that..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back