Labour 2nd time round

Quaylaa

Reaction score
hi, I’m just wondering if your labour is quicker the second time you have a baby? I’ve been told that it is quicker with each pregnancy but with my first I was only in labour for 45 minutes so I’m quite scared thinking I won’t be able to get to the hospital in time this time if it’s gonna be quicker... can you all tell me your stories please :)

If it’s been less than 5 years since you gave birth then your next labour is nearly always faster (assuming no complications) because your body knows/remembers how to give birth. Don’t go far from the hospital around your due date lol x

If it’s been more than 5 years since you last gave birth it’s usually not any faster as your muscles have to re-learn what to do. I only have one baby so can’t speak from experience but that’s what I’ve heard on the subject!

If it’s been less than 5 years since you gave birth then your next labour is nearly always faster (assuming no complications) because your body knows/remembers how to give birth. Don’t go far from the hospital around your due date lol x

If it’s been more than 5 years since you last gave birth it’s usually not any faster as your muscles have to re-learn what to do. I only have one baby so can’t speak from experience but that’s what I’ve heard on the subject!

My little one is coming up for 2 so it’s under 5 years. I guess I’m gonna have to get a hotel near the hospital near my due date haha

My little one is coming up for 2 so it’s under 5 years. I guess I’m gonna have to get a hotel near the hospital near my due date haha

Haha hopefully it’s not faster than 45mins, that’s nuts!! I couldn’t do that, no time for pain relief!

Haha hopefully it’s not faster than 45mins, that’s nuts!! I couldn’t do that, no time for pain relief!

I’m scared of needles so wouldn’t have any pain relief even when I was offered it x

My first labour was 12.5 hours from waters going to birth
My second labour was 6 hrs from 1st contraction to baby being born. Waters had to be broken

I’ve been wondering this too, everyone says second babies are quicker but surely that’s not always the case.
I’ve not heard that before winter wolf, I’ll be within the 5 years by a few months.
My first labour was 3 hour 10 mins from first pain to her being born, my waters went and she was born 30minutes later.

Quaylaa I was worried about it being quicker and actually making it to the hospital! But it sounds like you need to be straight to hospital at any sign of a pain

My first was 22 hours, my second 12.....so much quicker although still not quick! For me, second time round was a lot more painful!

My first was failed induction at 42 weeks and c section. Second baby was 38 weeks and over in an hour, and third was the same

Wow 45 mins. Ide have loved that. Ive had 12 hours, 10 hours and 3rd about 9 hours. All too much for me. With just gas and air. The pain was enough to make me want to give up and die. Traumatised for life. Ide rather someone cut off my right arm than to feel that pain again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back