la la la la la !!! last day at work 2moro!!!

Discussion in 'Home Life & Finances' started by shamu, Feb 23, 2006.

1. shamu

shamu Well-Known Member

yippe! its finally my final day in work tomorrow!!!

was a bit worried this week thaty i wouldnt actually make it - been back and forward the hospital all week with high bp and dodgy water samples - but, after todays check up with the consultant, he's not overly concerened so dont need to ge back now till next week - when they may start me off - but hey, they can do what they like next week - im just made up i can finish work as planned :lol:

not that im overly zealous about my job you understand ( i work for the tax office - and probably just lost all the friends i'd made on this site! ehehhehehe) but i know tomorro will be a lovely day and i'll be spoilt :lol: - was sent home early by the girls cos they wana do my desk up with ballons and banners ( the norm in my work place!) and have been told not to come in before 10 ( oh what a chore! ) plus going out for a nice meal at lunch time with all of my team - im really looking forward to it :lol: - and will not be doing any "work" what so ever! hehehehehe - so sorry if anyone is waiting for a tax refund!

will let you know how i get on ( well - will swank about what pressies i got ! ) 2moro
    :lol:

2. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Have a good last day, hope it goes quickly for you xx

3. MrsG

MrsG Well-Known Member

Hope you have a fantastic last day! your work colleques sound really nice.

I cant believe you have lasted this long. I worked till 35 weeks and that was more than enough for me!!

4. rach

rach Well-Known Member

hope your last day goes well i cant wait for my last day finding work really hard now :( oh well 4 more weeks xxxxx

5. shamu

shamu Well-Known Member

aww, i had a loevly day in work - baby was well and truely spoilt! - i cant believe the amount of pressies i got!

sterilliser
    bottles
    big johnsons baby box
    mothercare baby box stuffed full of goodies
    thermo bottle bag
    lulaby teddy
    baby gym
    monitors
    cuddle robes
    blankets/shawl - one hand knitted by my friend which is absoulotely gorgeous!
    and tons of outfits, bibs, socks, hats, mits, baby gros, all kinds! - it was a bit overwhelming ( and probably did my bp no good what so ever! hehehehehehe)

we all went out for a chinese at lunch time - bad idea cos just wanted a nap once i got back to the office! hehehehe - ended up sneaking off home about 3.30 ( time sheet says i was there til 5pm hehehehe!)

just feels weird now, i know im off, but it feels like i've took 2 weeks leave ( just cant get passed my due date in my head! there is no march 11th!!! hehehe)

so- what do i do for 2 weeks then? hmmmm,

hehehehe patience was never my strong point - how do i get baby out?? hehehehe

good luck to all you ladies who are still at work - it will be your turn to leave soon!

6. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

go shopping and pamper ya self!!! ull get no chance when baby is here

7. shamu

shamu Well-Known Member

oooh! i plan to shop sarah!! heheehhehe - get paid tuesday so am off to the shops! - you watch, be just my luck to go into labour on monday night now! :lol: