Knitting

I tried to look at YouTube vids last night but they were hurting my head, think ill ask mother. That teddy is lovely!! X

I found some stuff on YouTube really good at helping with certain things, like casting on. I had a couple of books but really couldn't get my head around the diagrams.

Littlesammy - that boy's cardy is really cute!

My mum showed me once but can't remember now. X

I have just learned off YouTube I think it's really easy once u practice but patterns I'm not so sure of lol x

My mother in law is knitting me one of these (I cant even sew let alone knit) God my poor child is going to hate me ha ha but I loooove Xmas!! x

I sooo want someone to make one of those for me

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Ladies your very clever. I can knit plain and pearl stitch only i have trouble reading/ following patterns and instructions! My brain just doesnt work that way! Silly as i used to work until 2 years ago for an it company making training guides and training bucharest and chennai staff in our jobs, i used to write the stodgy training guides as i always went over the top and included a million step by step acreen shots so you had no way of getting it wrong!

I wish i coud have knitting instructions like that!!

Id love to crochet too...

That little toy is very professional!!
juice i love the way youve made the blanket and your oh is sewing together and crocheting edge, a proper two parent job!!

Right you ladies thats it im going to start knitting to a really basic pattern !!

Last edited:
I can't read patterns either jj Mum but gonna give it a go lol gonna make blanket all different colour squares xx

I can knit plain and pearl stitch only i have trouble reading/ following patterns and instructions!

You can make loads of stuff with just plain and pearl, and whenever I found something I didn't understand in the pattern, I either asked mum or Googled it. The cardy I knitted had a really tough pattern on the edge and I was fine slipping a stitch but then didn't manage to get it back like the pattern needed - can't count the number of times I had to redo it until it worked!!!

The coat and hat I'm knitting now is just stocking stitch, so very straightforward in comparison, thank goodness. Still, knitting it in 2-3yrs size so no rush to finish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back