Knitting

Littlesammy

Reaction score
Some of you have mentioned in other threads that you are knitting clothes for your little one, so I thought I'd start its own thread.

I've been learning to knit so I can make some baby clothes and am loving it. Am currently knitting this lilac jumper. What are you ladies knitting?

I've got a couple of baby pattern books and some funky baby booties patterns. Am happy to share with anyone who wants them xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 28
I can't knit for toffee, but that jumper is gorgeous.

That is very cute! My last pregnancy (mmc) had me desperate to start knitting and making felt animals for baby, never got the chance to start sadly, you are making me think again, oh but I can't knit either so might take forever!

Sent from my Nexus 7

My nan and my mum are already knitting me jumpers, cardigans and baby blankets but I am tempted to have a go myself too :D xx

I've just learned to knit off you tube where can I find wee cardigan patterns I'd love to knit a blanket x

My nan haa been knitting .me some stuff for bubs ahe didnt start till 20 weeks as we didnt tell anyone one till after that so told her to wait but ive already got about 4 and one for my son which she done last week :) xxx

I knitted when I was little (although had to get mum to cast on and cast off!), but only scarves and then I never finished them! For my LO I decided I wanted to knit a teddy bear and it turned out really well:

555681_10150877799373793_891425890_n.jpg

I've also knitted a cardigan, which was really difficult, took ages and is a little bit small, but she's wearing it because it took forever! Can't find a pic at the mo.

Now I'm in the middle of knitting her a coat and hat, but also want to start a toy for my next. The coat and hat are these:

!BZnT83!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BKnmsnozBg~~_35.JPG

And the toy is this one:

1244_col.jpg

My Nana is knitting lots of cardigans and stuff for us.

I'm currently knitting this blanket. I'm knitting the squares and my husband is sewing them together. This is a quarter of it. Two quarters will be like this and the other two quarters with have a white square in the middle and four pink ones. When it's all put together, my husband is going to crochet a yellow border around it because we think the pink and white looks like a battenburg cake, so we're going to do the yellow to look like the icing :D

Attachments

• blanket.jpg
    blanket.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 15
My mother in law is knitting me one of these (I cant even sew let alone knit) God my poor child is going to hate me ha ha but I loooove Xmas!! x

Attachments

• Xmas.JPG
    Xmas.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 12
Good on you. I can't knit to save my life!x

knitting...good idea, I should start too :)

Ella, that teddy looks great.
Juice, what a great idea for a blanket. I haven't made one yet so might look for something similar.

Sam, I've got the following cardigan patterns. If you like any of them I could scan them in and email them to you.
Sorry I seem to only be able to load one pic at a time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 10
That blanket looks brilliant x cardigans look good I'm not sure I know where to start can make head nor tail of patterns lol the rows etc think I'd better study em x is it hard to do ? X
ok this is a bit off topic but does anyone else pull a muscle all the time at the no n ur tmummy . X

LittleSammy I'd be grateful for the patterns and mayb if u could explain em lol x much appreciated

This is me just starting to learn to knit now all I need to do is learn how to read patterns

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 7
I used a book called "knitty gritty, a beginners guide" to learn to knit. It shows you step by step pictures of how to do different stitches. Then gives you a little project so you can practice.

If you message me your email address I'll scan in the patterns and send them to at at the weekend. I'll try explain the patterns as best I can x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back