KIT (keeping in touch days)

Lynds77

Reaction score
I have just been trying to arrange some of these to help me through the last 3 months of maternity leave with no pay.

I am entitled to do up to 10 of these days, and get paid for them. So my idea was to work 5 one month, then 5 the next month and that would give me some pay at the end of those months to keep us going.

however, I have just been told that yes I get paid for them, but not until I am back form my maternity leave! they get added onto the first months pay packet.

so have told them I aint doing any!! haha.

is this the case for every one elses KIT days, or is my company just shit again?

I never took mine but would have been paid them in the month I worked them

I.did some after ds1 and got paid the Same month. I would Have said no too otherwise! Not done any this time yet though so i will have to check it out x

Hey Hun , when I worked mine they paid me the same month so when I got my wage slip though it showed my maternity pay us the payment for the number of MAT days I had done . I am not sure they can do that ( paying you when you return to work ) I would ask to speak to HR over it x

I worked the full time when off on mat leave with my son, i got paid the month i worked them.
It doesnt sound right to me, sounds like they are being awkward or trying to ensure you come back.
Id contact ACAS to check out your rights, google it for your local number its free and really helpful xxx

I did quite a few kit days and always got paid for them the month I had worked them. Sounds like your work are pulling a fast one.

I did some KIT days and didn't get paid for them until the first month I was back at work. Although mine were the month before I started back at work so I didn't have long to wait for the money x

I got paid at the end if the month I worked my kit days. The point if them is so you get a gentle reintroduction to work and the pay doesn't affect your mat leave payments in terms of qualification or tax. I'd be concerned that if they pay you lumped in with a normal monthly wage then you might get taxed on a too higher rate. Double checking with ACAS is a good idea so do that :thumbup:

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I have just been trying to arrange some of these to help me through the last 3 months of maternity leave with no pay.

I am entitled to do up to 10 of these days, and get paid for them. So my idea was to work 5 one month, then 5 the next month and that would give me some pay at the end of those months to keep us going.

however, I have just been told that yes I get paid for them, but not until I am back form my maternity leave! they get added onto the first months pay packet.

is this the case for every one elses KIT days, or is my company just shit again?

Thats totally pants! I was thinking of doing them too, but if this is the case I wont bother!

I want to do a half day to go in and book my annual leave and sort out my passwords etc! May as well get paid for it

I did 2 KIT days this week and get paid in my next pay packet!!

xxxxx

Thats totally pants! I was thinking of doing them too, but if this is the case I wont bother!

I want to do a half day to go in and book my annual leave and sort out my passwords etc! May as well get paid for it

I have asked my Insp to double check, but he read it out to me from the "policy".

I have agreed to attend an OST day, and to come in a week or so before to delete, sorry I mean "read" all the emails.

might check out this ACAS thingy. Will let you know! x

I have asked my Insp to double check, but he read it out to me from the "policy".

I have agreed to attend an OST day, and to come in a week or so before to delete, sorry I mean "read" all the emails.

might check out this ACAS thingy. Will let you know! x

Oh yeah flipping OST ... Wanna do that too because I don't wanna go back them have to wait for it. Need to call my boss today actually !

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back