killer heartburn/indigestion

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by abilouise, Jul 24, 2013.

1. abilouise

abilouise Well-Known Member

Iv had this since yesterday morning and it hasn't gone away its making me miserable and grumpy. Took me ages to fall asleep because of it last night and when I woke up the first time to go to the toilet it was still there and took me ages to get back to sleep. Anyone got any tips to get rid of it??? They would be appreciated, have been crying because of how crap its making me feel xx

#1 abilouise, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. amanda maxwell

amanda maxwell Well-Known Member

Hi babe, ive had terrible heartburn/acid!! Ive had it all through my pregnancy and usually a rennie sorts it out straightaway. Ive been buying packs of them, pack in the car, pack by the bed, in the kitchen etc lol. Only recently ive had it where its lasted all day on and off for about 3 days. I take a rennie, it goes for 20 mins then comes back again. Its awful as it makes me feel sick. Luckily (touch wood) i only have it every now and then but if it kept coming back like it did, i would have gone to the doctors. I think u can take gaviscon, but always best to ask the doctor first. Plus im drinking milk like nobodys business and that helps quite a bit too :) hope u get some relief from it xx

3. abilouise

This has lasted since yesterday morning it is making me feel awful. Rennie ice as working but this is relentless got midwife appt tomorrow so will say about it and might make doctors appt if its still here xx

4. Clairabelle

Clairabelle Well-Known Member

I drink milk to ease mine when I get it. It does help. Don't think I could stomach Gaviscon yuk !! I've got it quite bad today cos of all the pineapple I've been having to try and kick start labour lol xx

5. OskarsMummy

OskarsMummy Active Member

Milk is a winner when nothing else is on hand and you can drink as much of that as you like :)

Gaviscon liquid is safe to take during pregnancy, even says it on the label I think but my doc told me it was ok to take :)

Hope you feel better soon xxx

#5 OskarsMummy, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  6. amanda maxwell

amanda maxwell Well-Known Member

Yh mention it to midwife, she should be helpful if not book docs. Hope u feel bit better soon xx

7. abilouise

Midwife said to try gaviscon. Been drinking strawberry milkshakes as hate drinking milk and it has been working a little bit, not as bad today xx

8. LisaFletcher

LisaFletcher Well-Known Member

Love heart sweets are good for heartburn, I've been suffering really bad and they have helped

9. nbrintz

nbrintz Well-Known Member

Mints help x

10. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Mints. Milk if sipped I find adding nesquick makes it taste nicer. Rennies for definate