Kids with Asthma

Flickalicious

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of this?

My son is 4 years old and suffering quite bad with his asthma lately. (Trips to A&E and the doctors) He's taking multiple puffs of his inhaler every half hour and on is on 2-hourly meds. I'm pulling my hair out!
My 9 month old daughter is also poorly and I'm pregnant with my own health issues. I'd like to hibernate now until this all goes away :(

My son turns three soon and regularly has bouts of viral induced wheeze. It's awful, especially at nights. I worry every time he gets a cold incase he has another asthma attack. Past two times we've managed to escape having to go to hospital and be on the nebuliser. He's on steroids at the moment because his asthma flared up last night. It's not fun and you have my sympathies, doesn't sound like my son is anywhere near as bad as yours. Two hour meds sounds awful, poor thing and poor you. Definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate!

Last edited:
Hi Flick.

How is all this now?

Our daughters are the same age, and I too am expecting again...number 4!

My eldest two, especially eldest one suffered when she was a bit younger. It is getting better now, but we are no longer in UK which helps!

My GP gave me some steroids to keep at home in case she needed them, as I was so used to spotting the signs.

We often had to go to A and E and had a free pass to paed ward...never a good thing! They say asthma comes in 7 year cycles which is why a lot of kids grow out of it.

I had it And it's very mild now.

Asthma UK are absolutely great if you need any support or advice xx

Hey hun

My son had a couple more emergency trips to the doctors after that ^^^ and we were given 2 lots of steroids on separate occasions to try which really helped him. We were told not to bother with GP or A&E and go straight to children's walk in centre if he was that bad again :( He's taking his preventer every morning and night and that has helped so far. It'll become more apparent if he picks up another virus which *touch wood* doesn't happen anytime soon!! (Or at all! ...if only) We also have an Athsma check in a few weeks but I duno what they do or how they test him?

Athsma is in my family but myself or my husband don't suffer with it so I'm hoping it's just something he grows out of eventually.

I'll definitely check them out as I'm pretty clueless to be honest. We, hubby and I, as well as our son are learning all this as we go and it's not pleasent at all!
Thank you for the advice :)

Congratulations! When are you due number 4? xXx

Good luck...it is a mine field!

I hated watching DD sit with the nebuliser at the hospital but she needed it. I remember being on it at home!

I'm due on 15th June but will have a c sec 7-10 days before.
So, there will be the same age gap between these two as my first two!

How about you?

Will you be getting a double buggy? Any ideas?!

x

Asthma can be related with smoking in pregnancy, I read... I don't know if you smoke but I'm smoking and I'm trying to quit, so I'm reading a lot regarding the influence of smoking to kids health... Any experience about that?

Gosh you will have your hands full! How old are your older two?
My LG will be 14 months when this is due, 13th April, she was an independent lil thing but had just started being all cuddly. I'm wondering if there will be jealousy once this one comes along?

I was bought a second hand double, side by side, all the bits & pieces for £100! And it's a gorgeous purple colour. Mikado (not the chocolate things lol) but they don't exist anymore I don't think?
I could never afford new so I have no idea what's available. I'm useless I'm afraid xXx

Asthma can be related with smoking in pregnancy, I read... I don't know if you smoke but I'm smoking and I'm trying to quit, so I'm reading a lot regarding the influence of smoking to kids health... Any experience about that?
None of my family or myself or my husband are smokers so it can't be related to that for him. It's just unfortunate and hopefully something he'll grow out of. I can hope at least! x

My eldest two are 6 and almost 5...15 months between them.
Will be the same gap this time.

There was never jealousy from my eldest when number 2 came. It's nice because she actually doesn't understand that there was ever a time without number 2!

x

I get so scared when our oldest get very heavy breahting during the nights :/ any suggestions to make him breathe better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back