kids cartoons!!

sarahx500

Reaction score
ive just been sat watching the kids 'cartoons' sad i no lol....

and i just realised they arent ANYTHING like the cartoons like we had wen we were kids, its all pokemon and dragonball z .. or fighting..

i can remember things like button moon, moon cat, portland bill, dangermouse, batfink.. now they were REAL cartoons.

wot cartoons can u all remember?? sad i no but theres loads i cant remember lol...

i dont mind ed edd and eddy tho lol

RAGGY DOLLS!!!! i loved them!! i also absolutely loved buttonmoon!

Also....

dogtanian and the 3 musketiers

pob (i think thats what its called, anyone remember him?? he used to blow a raspberry on the screen and write his name "pob" !!)

Trapdoor (loved this too....."stay away from that trapdoor"

Fragle Rock

Superted

he-man and shira (cant spell lol)

pob, oh my god i used to love him, with his round head and big ears!!! didn't his jumper used to unravel every episode?! i felt sorry for the woman that had to re knit it all!!

Get along gang and wuzzles!!!

Yay i love this

Yea something like that amys mum, think he used to follow the string!! oh i loved him!!!! lol

i had the get a long gang on vidio!

wombles i forgot too!!!

ooh Get a Long Gang i remember that didnt they have rollerskates or something?

What about Jamie and his magic torch? i loved that but OH thinks i am mad cos he cant remember it, please tell me i havent dreamt it!!!

Poddington Peas!!!!!!!!

omg i used to love that show

"down at the botton of your garrrrrden, amoung the birds and the bees, there lived alot of little people, and they are called the poddington peaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!"

lol :D

and dont forget green fingers - they used to 'cook' things in the tree and the owl would hoot when it was ready - genious inventions like pencil sharpener trees etc lol

I used to love green fingers but when i mention it nobody knows what I'm on about. What about shoe people! its sad but I also remember the theme tunes!

oooo anyone remember grotbags?? i think the show was called simon and the witch?

I remember shoe people...you used to be able to get chocolate bars with a picture of a different "shoe person" on the front!!!! lol

simon and the witch and Grotbags were 2 differant shows

Grotbags was the Witch with Rod Hull and Emu
Once went to see them in a show and i remember Grotbags hitting my dad on head with this Gold witchy stick she had!!

Simon and the witch was repeated not long a go and the sad 27 year old i am i watched it!!

Crystal Tips and Alistair anyone?

Or how about The Herb Garden?

Or Humphrey's House?

Am I showing my age?

jamie and his magic torch did indeed exist you havent imagined it Jo!!

Yay i'm not mental then!!!

Skidoo Crystal tipps and Alister is on Nick Jr on sky at 9.00 followed by the clangers and bagpuss!!

Also was just flicking through channels and spotted the Snorks, remember them? they lived under the sea.

Does anyone remember that programme with T_bag? had Diane out of Emmerdale in it?

Yay i'm not mental then!!!

Skidoo Crystal tipps and Alister is on Nick Jr on sky at 9.00 followed by the clangers and bagpuss!!

Also was just flicking through channels and spotted the Snorks, remember them? they lived under the sea.

Does anyone remember that programme with T_bag? had Diane out of Emmerdale in it?

This quite an interesting thread everyone.

I'm quietly reading this with interest as I'm a Kids television producer. I manage the Kids channels for a digital platform and it's nice to hear what we all were into when we were Kids.

Unfortunately today, the programme makers don't tend to commission a show unless there is financial backing - and the majority of times this HAS to be from manufacturers (toy makers). They generally don't release a show now unless there is major marketing in the form of merchandise......yep, all about the money.

I absolutely cannot stand Teletubbies BUT the kids love them.

Even though I'm in the industry, this little bean I'm creating will be given wooden toys, chemistry sets, worm farms, etc etc.....let's get them back to the basics. And as they say, the best and cheapest toy for a bubba is - anything in the kitchen cupboards!

Sass

Does anyone remember Moschops? ( the dinosaurs and the flower?)
No-one ever remembers it.
Button Moon was my favourite..... Mr.Spoon perving on everyone with his telescope! :lol:

my little boy loves rhubarb and custard, which i watched as a kid.

i'm trying to think of what i used to watch ermmm the klangers, bagpuss, magic roundabout, noah and nellie.

my favourite programme, which wasnt a cartoon was Little House on the Prairie.

x

Does anyone remember chocablock or lets pretend?? Please someone remember them and let me know I haven't dreamed it!!

i seem to recall lets pretend but i'm not sure what it was all about.

how about "why dont you" anyone remember that one

I remeber Why Don't You

"Switch of your T.V set and do something less boring instead"

But as an adult i realise if we had done that no-one would have watched

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member