Keeping jealousy under control.

Beckyb1991

Reaction score
First of all I'm so grateful for my beautiful baby girl , she is my whole world. BUT I can't keep my jealousy at bay! I've only been trying a couple of months but I just know I will be waiting a long time like with my daughter 😔 just a real gut feeling that's making me want to cry. A lot of my friends have just had babies , I've got a 2 good friends due in July but the worst thing is my sister and my best friend are due in October and my sister in law early December. I literally am the only one not up the duff atm lol. Although happy for all of them especially my sister ... I can't help by feeling so upset and jealous which is horrid! I hate feeling like this. The worst thing is I crochet and am expected by all of them to make them all baby sets. Tonight I was crocheting a baby blanket and crying. I feel absolutely ridiculous! I don't want to feel like this, I have no reason to feel like this as I've not been trying that long and I have a beautiful daughter to focus on but no matter how many pep talks I give myself it doesn't get through. I think the main reason I feel like this is because I'm so stressed it will take years like when I ttc my daughter when my sister in law was trying for 6 weeks , my best friend wasn't trying at all and got pregnant by mistake and my sister wasn't trying ( but she wanted another baby and had ivf with her first baby). I need a hug... or maybe a slap xxx

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

It's not easy no matter how long you have been trying; especially knowing you had a struggle to get pregnant with your daughter. Don't be so hard on yourself though; have a cry that's okay. Sometimes we just need it.

Try as hard as it is to do so; to just relax a little and enjoy all the little babies around you. You will have a baby and just because it took a while to concieve with your daughter doesn't mean it will be the same this time.

It's lovely that you crochet (off topic I knit and I really want to learn to crochet but am really struggling with it at the moment.) Anyway; it's lovely, but of course it will be hard making things for others when you want to be making them for your own little bundle.... just try and see it as practice.

Sorry I don't feel like I am being much help xxx

I feel the same as you everyone I know seems to be pregnant, I'm genuinely happy for them all but one girl who I'm really keeping my distance with before I snap with her (she was trying for a baby, but just found out it was so she could get an engagement ring).
I know we haven't been Ttc that long either but each month we get our hopes up the the witch arrives and I'm devastated again which makes the jealousy worse.
I can't offer you words of advice as I don't have anyone just to say that this forum has helped loads come on here and rant your feelings theres always someone that will cheer you up or at least knows what your feeling ask they're in the same boat. Xx

Becky, I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I am so so thankful for the little boy I have who is now 3, but I'm longing to complete my family and give him a sibling but so far this has not hapoened, had a horrible loss in April, would have been due on December the 7th but not going to let that keep me down. Everyone around me is pregnant too which makes it harder, and then more announcements are made and then when you get over that, yet more announcements are made!
It's like a baby boom this year, hopefully soon all of the ladies ttc on here including you and me will be added to this baby boom! X x

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

It's not easy no matter how long you have been trying; especially knowing you had a struggle to get pregnant with your daughter. Don't be so hard on yourself though; have a cry that's okay. Sometimes we just need it.

Try as hard as it is to do so; to just relax a little and enjoy all the little babies around you. You will have a baby and just because it took a while to concieve with your daughter doesn't mean it will be the same this time.

It's lovely that you crochet (off topic I knit and I really want to learn to crochet but am really struggling with it at the moment.) Anyway; it's lovely, but of course it will be hard making things for others when you want to be making them for your own little bundle.... just try and see it as practice.

Sorry I don't feel like I am being much help xxx

Thank you hun. It's really crap I just feel so selfish. Ah I'd love to knit! I just can't get to grips with it! I learnt to crochet on YouTube try that xxx

I feel the same as you everyone I know seems to be pregnant, I'm genuinely happy for them all but one girl who I'm really keeping my distance with before I snap with her (she was trying for a baby, but just found out it was so she could get an engagement ring).
I know we haven't been Ttc that long either but each month we get our hopes up the the witch arrives and I'm devastated again which makes the jealousy worse.
I can't offer you words of advice as I don't have anyone just to say that this forum has helped loads come on here and rant your feelings theres always someone that will cheer you up or at least knows what your feeling ask they're in the same boat. Xx

Thank you hun. That girl sounds awful! I hope you get your sticky little bean soon sweet. Xxx

Becky, I can completely relate to how you are feeling. I am so so thankful for the little boy I have who is now 3, but I'm longing to complete my family and give him a sibling but so far this has not hapoened, had a horrible loss in April, would have been due on December the 7th but not going to let that keep me down. Everyone around me is pregnant too which makes it harder, and then more announcements are made and then when you get over that, yet more announcements are made!
It's like a baby boom this year, hopefully soon all of the ladies ttc on here including you and me will be added to this baby boom! X x

I'm so sorry for your loss hun. It's awful when everyone around you is getting something you want especially when they don't want it themselves :( . I hope you get your rainbow baby soon hun xxx

Haha it was YouTube that taught me to knit. I'll keep trying with the crochet. I'm determined to manage it eventually.

You're not selfish. It's natural x

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this....I know how it feels and it's just horrible.
I miscarried at 13 weeks on 6 May and my sister in law has just given birth. I knew this day was coming and I now have a beautiful niece, but God I'm so so jealous. I've cried and ranted (in private, with my partner) lots, but it's so difficult.
I think because I'm so sensitive, I'm picking up on things and all I see around me are pregnant women and babies. They're everywhere!
I've found that talking to my partner has helped and cry when I need to. Don't suppress any emotions as they will manifest....hopefully we'll conceive and feel better soon. xx

I do find since TTC I have noticed a lot more pregnant ladies about, they're wherever you go

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this....I know how it feels and it's just horrible.
I miscarried at 13 weeks on 6 May and my sister in law has just given birth. I knew this day was coming and I now have a beautiful niece, but God I'm so so jealous. I've cried and ranted (in private, with my partner) lots, but it's so difficult.
I think because I'm so sensitive, I'm picking up on things and all I see around me are pregnant women and babies. They're everywhere!
I've found that talking to my partner has helped and cry when I need to. Don't suppress any emotions as they will manifest....hopefully we'll conceive and feel better soon. xx

I'm so so sorry for your loss hun xxx

I know how you feel hun. I have been ttc for the last 6 months and not even a sniff of a positive as much as I love my lg who is 10 months I just really want to complete my family. But what your feel is completely normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back