Keeping it quiet

CountryGirl

Reaction score
Hi all.

I wondered if anyone had any specific tips for keeping your news quiet?

Hubby and I want to keep it a secret from our friends, family and colleagues etc until our first scan, but it is SO hard. We've told immediate family (sisters, parents) but we don't want to tell anyone else now until then.

We thought it would be okay but both of us are finding it really hard because of the excitement and just generally we are not good at keeping secrets lol.

We've got a few events coming up like anniversary parties and bbqs with friends, and I'm worried that not eating certain foods and even having a drink will spark people off (I normally eat loads!!).

So any ideas/tips would be really appreciated. I know it seems like a lame subject but I feel like I'm walking around with a sign on my head saying "up the duff" and am very paranoid. I want to keep it quiet but also want to tell everyone haha.

Thanks all.

Sophie xxx

I'm having the same problem! I can't hold my own water tbh, never mind a secret! I'm going with 'upset stomach' for as much as it will cover. I don't think anyone will bat an eyelid to that one xx

I'd say I can't drink as on antibiotics and still eat as much as you usually would but avoid the foods that are unsafe during pregnancy. If anyone mentions you not eating a certain thing just say you were Ill recently after eating that particular food and its put you off. I have high risk pregnancies so I don't tell anyone apart from close family until baby arrives. It is hard as you want to share your news but just think 12 weeks isn't long then everyone can share your joy :) good luck x x

I'm glad I'm not alone! I've only just found out (yesterday) and am dying to shout it out to the whole world. I almost even told my optician today just to get it off my chest! Hahaha.

I'm hoping after a while it might die down and I'm just so excited because of finding out.

Upset stomach is a good one. I think I'll use that. People don't generally want to go into more info if you mention something like that. xx

Be strong! I'm trying to avoid seeing my mum as long as possible! Haha

Hanks Mummyxbear. That's great advice.

Haha Sophie that's so funny. Just avoid people. X

I was same when I first found out I had Xmas party to go to and things and I just had cola or lemonade that way no one knows if you are or not drinking alcohol lol could be vodka in there Aswell :) and as for foods there isnt that much really that you crnt eat just making sure food is cooked properly like at bbqs is important but try to enjoy 12 weeks will be here in no time :)))) xx

We have told parents. I am feeling ok about keeping it quiet from other family and friends but I am going to avoid them all lol, esp my best friend. I saw her a few days after getting my bfp and just cos I didnt want any bbq food, she asked if I had something to tell her...shes on to me already lol. I have to see her on her sons bday to which I will be 10 weeks providing all goes well, I think a baggy top will be needed by then x

I drove to social events, said I drew the short straw lol! It was very hard to keep quiet though

We have told parents. I am feeling ok about keeping it quiet from other family and friends but I am going to avoid them all lol, esp my best friend. I saw her a few days after getting my bfp and just cos I didnt want any bbq food, she asked if I had something to tell her...shes on to me already lol. I have to see her on her sons bday to which I will be 10 weeks providing all goes well, I think a baggy top will be needed by then x

Oh my life! Haha deffo a baggy top needed!
I've got work colleagues talking about me and asking me too. So annoying! Just fobbing them all off. X

Not handy when your at work and rushing to toilet every 5 minutes for wee/sick

I know right? That's what I'm concerned about. I have no symptoms yet and they're still asking questions. So I don't know what I'm going to do once I start being sick etc.

Oh well, bring it on! x

I found out start of December and had two work parties to go to! One of which I had to change my order as I had ordered Pate. I said I was on antibiotics for water infection and no one suspected a thing as I blamed that for the constant toilet trips and feeling like poo aswell!

I didnt tell parents till January either so sat through Xmas dinner etc with both sets of parents and neither of them suspected either. I think you think people know because you know, but it was actually easier to hide than I though! I was convinced everyone had guessed but they were all suprised when I told them after our first scan :)

Oh my life! Haha deffo a baggy top needed!
I've got work colleagues talking about me and asking me too. So annoying! Just fobbing them all off. X

How do they know lol. My best friend is like my sister and she knows me so well so I know when I do tell her, she will say "I knew anyway" x

Yep - that will be the same with my best friend too. Isn't it annoying? Lol.
This morning I had a hot water with lemon and ginger, and one of my colleagues said "oh - upset tummy?" and so I thought "oh no. If I say yes she'll think I've got morning sickness" so I just said "no no, I'm just being really healthy as its refreshing in the morning".

I think it worked. Lol. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back