keeping fit in tri 1

kra0

Reaction score
Hi girls, before I got my bfp I was sick for a few weeks due to an infection I had. Before that though I worked out 4-5 times a week whether it was a gym session or being out running. My fitness has already dropped with being sick and now I'm doing nothing at all. I want to keep up some sort of fitness but what is ok? Obviously taking care of my bean is more important than gaining weight and not being as fit as I was. But I was just wondering what's ok to do? Do any of you ladies do any fitness? Oh is totally against it xx

I used to go to the gym 3 times a week but I wouldn't be able to now. Although I'm feeling better than I was, I'm still not fit enough for the gym.

I went shopping yesterday, and today my ass and thighs are killing me because I hadn't moved in so long! Lol.

If ur used to running, running while pregnant is still ok.
I'm going to start walking more, because its all I'm able to do now, and its good while pregnant. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have only been walking since pregnant, mainly because I've been SO tired I haven't been able to cope with anything else! Swimming and low impact aerobics especially for pregnant women are both supposed to be good. I was thinking of joining a class if my body starts allowing it! Mind you I'm on my feet 8 hours each day with my job as a nurse so I get a bit of exercise that way x

Thanks for your replies! See that's what I was thinking, at the min doing some house cleaning and shopping tires me out so it will probably only get worse lol! I think ill stick to an evening power walk with the dog and see how it goes from that. Gutted too as I got a zumba fitness thing for Christmas and I want to get stuck in lol. Also I have zero appetite at the min and therefore even less energy xx

I used to do a lot of exercise. I cycled anywhere between 50-100 miles per week and played netball on 2 nights a week.

I have not done much at all since finding out I was pregnant. The doc told me to take it easy at least for the first 12 weeks while the baby is going through the critical development stage. The midwife told me that exercising wouldn't do any harm but I should listen to my body and not push myself.

Maybe you could just do some walking in place of a gym session? It still counts as exercise :)

I am a black belt in Karate and I teach but I have had to give that up for the time being.... I also used to go to the gym at least four times a week but I am just to exhausted so I have stuck to walking.... as long as you monitor your heart rate moderate exercise is fine. xx

I run 4-5 miles twice a week. I used to also do a longer run once a week but have stopped that since finding out I was pregnant. I hope to run for as long as I can and when I can't I am going to swap running for swimming. I am also going to start antenatal yoga classes once a week.

In my last pregnancy I stopped all exercise when I found out I was pregnant. I found it a real struggle to get back into exercising so that is why I am determined to keep going for as long as I can this time round.

I've been doing yoga and Davina's pregnancy workout when I haven't been too sick or tired!!!

I am a black belt in Karate and I teach but I have had to give that up for the time being.... I also used to go to the gym at least four times a week but I am just to exhausted so I have stuck to walking.... as long as you monitor your heart rate moderate exercise is fine. xx

Wow! A black belt? That's well impressive. Remind me not to upset you lol!

I've just stuck with going for walks too. My job is quite physical so I get exercise that way but have had to cut that back a bit too. Gym sessions are out the window for me for the moment, but might take up swimming in tri 2 xx

I have been worrying about my lack of exercise lately too - before being pg I would go 4-5 times a week, but over Christmas is just didn't happen, but then after christmas Ive not had enough energy to do any exercise!! And I have no excuse cuz I have a spinning bike at home!!

But I went to the doctor yesterday and got weighed and Ive actually lost weight!!! Must be the effect of morning sickness and not drinking!! lol

walking is my form of exercise i do alot at work and also getting to and from work. Mkes me feel a bit better x

I can't even stand the thought of exercise atm!! lol. Before I got my BFP, I decided I din't want to exercise in tri 1, just to be safe, and would take up swimming and aquaaerobics lol :) I go for walks when I can though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back