Karen!!! And everyone else that fixes finger food to their babies...

Hope81

Reaction score
I need pictures of tillys food lol! I don't know what shapes to cut the things and how big :shock:
Also how do I roast things actually :roll: do I just plop them on some baking paper or in an ovens pan with some water and oil? (Sorry for the noob question Greek food is with roasts in oil and onion etc probably quite unsuitable yet for her) do you leave the skin on potatoes and things??
I will buy the BLW cookbook I suppose... Though I have the other one and I thought it will be enough but my imagination is not big enough lol...

P.s lol at the title?? Fixes finger food??? I think my autocorrect got wild!! I don't even remember what I was saying there, but I let it for the lols:)

Imagine chips!! Or toast soldiers - bread cut into 8 rectangles.

Something's are easier to cut than others - I cut tomato into wedges rather than slices, but I've always left cucumber as slices.

As for roasting - just on a tray, a wee squirt of oil usually! Maybe some herbs etc - depends on kid - G loves strong flavours so herbs are a big hit. I can't imagine the Greek way is particularly unsuitable as long as you don't add salt!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361305601.850999.jpg

These are the size lives of food that works for C Hun xx

In terms of roasting I just chop, wave a bit of olive oil on it and some herbs then roast x

Awwww. KK, I love that picture. I'll have a look for more photos of Tilly's food, or take some pics today. Like Lorna says, imagine chips, about 1-2cm wide. Or strips like KK's bread and egg. Sometimes I give her different shapes to try, but a lot of her food is still stick shaped that fits into her hand well, not too big not too small. For roasting I toss veg in a small splash of oil, a bit of black pepper and sometimes some herbs. Tilly seems to enjoy spices - not like chilli, but cumin, ground coriander etc. too. Will look for piccies later xxx

Omg so cute!!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 excuse my terrible spelling :p

Thank you girls :) KK he is too cute for words!
I said that before but my baby is too ordinary comparing with some babies here lol!!!
I would appreciate pictures when and if you have time.
I apparently can't think lately!!

Will baby corn work btw? I have her slices of apple and pear etc and she wasn't interested at all. I think at broccoli and peppers etc se likes the intense color rather than the taste. She wouldn't even bother pick that apple yesterday... Weird kid.

I suppose I will do some roasted vegetables for all of us and just put less oil and herbs and no salt and give her some?

Interesting to say gagging Dosent bother me but what to feed her stress me to the end of the world lol. Same as the mess after that...

Here is she trying to feed herself with a loaded spoon lol... She managed to actually eat half of the portion the other half is well everywhere and regardless to say she needed a bath after that...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361360359.146565.jpg

Aww. Hope, she's just as wonderful and cute as any other baby. I think she's beautiful. Her eyes are amazing and she seems so clever and already well-developed for her age. You'd think she's as old as Tilly is from seeing the things she can do already - what a superstar.

Don't worry about her not being interested in certain foods. I find that T will completely ignore some foods sometimes and if I offer it to her later she'll love it. It's just one of those things. I trust that she'll get a balanced diet over the course of the week and I really believe that's true. She will eat a whole stick of cheese one meal and ignore the veg, but at a different meal she'll only eat veg.

Baby corn is fine, but Tilly finds it too hard to eat a lot of it because she can't bite it very well yet. Have you tried something sweet and soft like sweet potato? Tilly loves it and finds it easy to eat. Remember, Amelie is very young still and I hadn't even offered food to T at her age yet. Be patient and she'll do it in her own time.

Apple and pear are often too hard for T so I will soften the apple wedges in a little butter in a pan for her to eat, sometimes with a pinch of cinnamon and she loves it. Pears I just wait til they are really ripe. They are, alongside watermelon, her favourite thing right now.

xxx

Thank you girls :) KK he is too cute for words!
I said that before but my baby is too ordinary comparing with some babies here lol!!!
I would appreciate pictures when and if you have time.
I apparently can't think lately!!

Will baby corn work btw? I have her slices of apple and pear etc and she wasn't interested at all. I think at broccoli and peppers etc se likes the intense color rather than the taste. She wouldn't even bother pick that apple yesterday... Weird kid.

I suppose I will do some roasted vegetables for all of us and just put less oil and herbs and no salt and give her some?

Interesting to say gagging Dosent bother me but what to feed her stress me to the end of the world lol. Same as the mess after that...

Here is she trying to feed herself with a loaded spoon lol... She managed to actually eat half of the portion the other half is well everywhere and regardless to say she needed a bath after that...

View attachment 32563

Bless you Hope. He is a cutie but seriously Amelie is beautiful, as Karen said she has amazing eyes.

As for brightly coloured food c is exactly the same so much so that if I try to introduce something new then I put a roasted red pepper (one of C's faves) with it!

Butternut squash and sweet potato are popular here too with a bit of cumin thrown in. Xx

Thank you girls. :love:
Love her to bits really and she is just perfect for me.

KK how long do you roast the peppers for example? I was thinking of roasting some peppers as Amelie didn't like the raw ones but I am not sure if she can hold them as they get quite soft.

I tried today some green beans. I had to hand them to her as they where too flat on the table ifkwim and she would need a pincer grip to get those that she Dosent have yet. She tried them and then gave them to the puppy once they starting dripping water in her mouth (they were boiled and probably too boiled) and then she wanted one more that was trying to pick from the table so I have her one more she gummed it and then have it to the puppy and then one more and so on. By the 9th one !!!!! She actually started chewing it and ate one. I had to lough because it was like she was saying all that hard work to try to find one that worths it and nth oh well I may as well eat the last one so i dont feel like i wasted my time lol...

Going shopping tomorrow and getting rice cakes? Baby corn, mushrooms (not sure if she CBS have them yet??? Sweet potatoes and eggplant (I love it bi I have to google of its not a common allergen really).
I am out of ideas so feel welcome to fill my shopping list lol

Oh and she hates oranges lol. She gets them near her face and then shakes her self like you got her all wet lol.
Crazy little thing she is lol

Ah T loves oranges and eggplant/aubergine. I roast peppers for maybe 20 mins or just under.

It's tough finding different things to feed them under 6 months when they can only eat fruit and veg. Remember, though, that it's all so new to them that even if they've had it before, they will still find it interesting every time. I find that Tilly is really inspecting and playing with her food at the moment xxx

At that stage A loved roasted courgettes, sweet potato wedges, butternut squash, carrots ( i had to parboil/steam) cause they would take longer normally. All in pieces that would be grabbable. Avocado can be a bit slippery though. A loves tangerines now but it took him some time

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Oh and parsnip was a hit. I always roasted with oil/herbs

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

William is having a finger food dinner today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361548753.226090.jpg
Rice cakes
Carrot puff
Philidelphia and cheese bread (iv grated some cheese too to work on his pincer grip)
Some cut up raisins
A potato croquette
And a bag of steam veg containing brocolli, carrot and cauliflower.

Lolly it looks amazing!! Did he enjoy them??

He enjoyed making a mess Hope haha! He ate some bits of it. Sucked the cheese off the bread and ate the cauliflower. I'm very impressed he actually picks it out. He must hate brocolli haha. The potato croquette was all smushed up. He had fun.

Im jealous, I love potato croquettes!!

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back