Just wondering

DaisyRose

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had heard from Miffy - she was on here a fair bit a few months back and was about a week ahead of me I think.

Miffy, if you're out there, how are you doing?

Hi DaisyRose!

Thanks for thinking of me!

I'm still here, been lurking but not posting much.
Happy to say everything's fine, 16 weeks now but seems to be going very slowly! Starting to tell a few more people now, can't hide it anymore as bump has been showing for a while now, but still can't be totally convinced that it will be ok. It's beginning to feel a bit more real, but don't think I'll believe it until I'm actually holding my baby! Maybe I'll start to relax once I can feel it kicking!

Haven't even plucked up the courage to join 1st or 2nd Tri!

How are you doing?

Hi Miffy, :wave:

Really really glad to hear that everything is going ok with you, I hadn't seen any of your posts for a while so was wondering how you were getting on. It's such a relief being past the 12 week mark isn't it, but I think you're right, the worry never stops, and like you, I'm not going to completely believe it until the baby is born safely.

Yes, everything is fairly ok with me, have just come back from Christmas in Spain which was really nice (had a sickness bug out there though, and a bit of a bleeding scare after nookie but everything was fine). Had a scan a couple of weeks ago at 13 weeks and everything seemed to be fine but apparently my blood test results showed a 1.42 chance that I'll have a baby with Downs (you may have read my posts elsewhere about this - apologies if you have). Anyway, we've decided against further tests as I don't want to risk losing the baby but I am going to have a detailed scan next week which may give us more to go on, and in the unlikely case that the news wasn't good, we can at least prepare ourselves.

Apart from that everything is fine - nausea has got a lot better, am feeling less tired but look as if I'm about 25 weeks!!! We've started to tell people too as when I'm not wearing a coat it is fairly obvious!!! I did join first tri, and have gone to 2nd but there are loads of names I don't recognise - haven't been on much due to being away etc. Hope to see you there soon.

When are you due again? My date is now 3 July.

All the best

Hi ladies, glad to see you are both doing well. We moved flats recently and I haven't had internet for the past month and have only been able to get on here and there at work. I rememberd that we all got pregnant around the same time and I wondered how everyone is doing. My last scan put my due date at 2nd July.

We've had a few scans and baby seems fine, but I still worry. I think the only thing that keeps me sane is my doppler as hearing the baby's heartbeat usually makes me feel better. I'm just starting to get a bump, which is really strange to me since this is my first baby. It makes it feel a bit more real, but I don't think I'll feel better until I have my baby in my arms.

Good luck with your scan next week DaisyRose. My next one is at 21 weeks and its seems ages away. Are either of you planning on finding out the sex?

Hello again DaisyRose and Kimberly!

Glad to see we're all doing well - sorry to hear about the Downs risk DaisyRose - hope the scan has good results. My doctor's done the Triple Test for Downs - still waiting for the results.

I've bought a doppler too, never used one before, but it is quite reassuring, I have to admit!

Next scan is on 2nd Feb - hoping to find out the sex - as soon as the baby's born and we've got a passport, we're moving countries (hopefully back to England) so thought we'd find out the sex for practical reasons! Need to know whether I can throw out all my boys stuff! Don't think we'll be going for a 3rd baby - pregnancy's far too stressful!

Think my last scan put my due date at 29th June, but it changes every time! I've got a feeling it will be 1st July for some reason!

Hi Miffy and Kimberly,

Glad to hear you're both doing well. I haven't been on here for aaaaaages again - have had my Mum over from Spain and then we all got this horrible fluey thing!!! Am only just beginning to get over it.

The scan went well - the consultant who did it said he couldn't see any problems whatsoever although he couldn't be 100 percent sure without the amino test. All the measurements etc were normal so I'm feeling much better about it now. I've got another scan at 21 wks on 25th Feb with the same consultant.

I don't think I am going to find out the sex although my Mum thinks I am going to have a boy because I've got a rather large belly already!!! I thought I felt the baby about a week ago but nothing since - have you? I haven't got a doppler and I missed my m/w appointment (silly me got the wrong day and I've had to wait another two weeks to get an appointment with a suitable time for us!!) I am beginning to worry a little that I haven't felt anything but I'm still getting nausea etc so I'm sure it's all fine!!!

How are you both doing?

Hi DaisyRose,

Glad it was good news at the scan, another hurdle over with! Well done!

I too have already got a huge belly, it's quite embarrassing really when I'm bigger than two friends who are 2 months ahead of me! Think mine's a boy too, hopefully will find out on Saturday.

Don't worry about not feeling any kicks yet - I haven't yet really - only when I've bent forward awkwardly - twice when having dinner and once when putting a towel over my wet hair after a shower - I've felt this nudge come out of nowhere! But it's really occasional, no regular movements yet, so don't worry. In fact haven't felt anything since Sunday. Doppler's working well though, might be worth you getting one to put your mind at rest - I got mine for about £20 brand new off ebay.

Hope you get over the flu soon,

Keep well and good to hear your news,

Miffy
x

Hi Miffy,

I think I've felt a few flutters today!!!! They're very very light and infrequent but I think they're there now.

I've always found that the worry decreases a little when I can feel the baby move. My first two were very active and once I felt them that was it, there was no stopping them.

Good luck with finding out the sex. Probably a silly question but have you got any preference?

Hi DaisyRose

Glad you're feeling a few flutters now - makes it all the more real doesn't it!

Had my appointment yesterday - and it seems it's another boy! We're really chuffed, it's what we suspected, and my son Thomas is over the moon - he was desperate for a little brother as he's a real 'boy's boy' if you know what I mean - very wary of girls! He's all cars, trains and football - won't go near teddy bears or dolls!

As long as the baby's healthy, that's all that matters anyway, but it does make me wonder whether the two I lost were girls?? Although I'm told that condition is very rare?

Also got results of the triple test - everything's fine, risk is lower than what it would be for my age so that's good.

So starting to feel that I can relax slightly now...

Hi Miffy,

:cheer: Congratulations on expecting a boy. I must say, it is nice to have two children of the same sex with a relatively small age-gap - the theory is that they'll play well together and be into the same things. My girls are both really girly which is quite scary as I was a right tomboy!!! They both love princesses and everything that is pink and purple, and although they are forever fighting, they do play really well, and it has been easy because Rosie has inherited all Daisy's toys/clothes (she's got so many clothes they fill a double wardrobe!!!) Having said that, I wouldn't mind if I had a boy this time (although the girls really want another girl, I have warned them it may not be, ha ha). A little brother will be lovely for Thomas, I guess he's at an age when he understands a fair bit - I bet he's looking forward to it.

Really glad to hear your test results came back ok - that must be such a relief. I've relaxed a bit about mine since the scan. Have got a m/w appointment tomorrow but I should have gone 3 weeks ago!!!!

When you've had miscarriages it does make you wonder about whether you're only designed to have either boys or girls doesn't it. I don't think I'll find out what this one is but if I have another girl I will really wonder if I am one of these people who can't have boys for some reason. I remain convinced that Babaloon was a boy, and I wonder about the very early chemical pregnancy I had in 2006 too as I had a dream about a little boy that disappeared when I reached out to him at that time (it was so real, it really freaked me out!!) I guess there are conditions like that although I don't know anything about them!

Have you felt your baby yet? I'm getting slightly more movements now and each day they get a tiny bit stronger. It was really sweet earlier - the girls were both giving me a cuddle, and suddenly, there was a tiny kick (it did make me jump) as if to say 'hey, I'm here too'. I think it's moments like that when it really hits you.

Anyway, feeling much better now the bugs have cleared up for the time-being. I'm hoping the cold snap we're having here is going to get rid of them all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back