Just shows you how much you actually do!

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
So hubby got up with Aaron this morning after a standoff.

I got up 30 mins later to a baby crying on his playmat and a hubby in the bathroom.

I said ... "He sounds hungry"

He said "he's had his weetabix"

I asked "did you give him a bottle"

"No I forgot cause you usually do it"

Hadn't given him any medicine either (he gets 3 different medicines in the morning)

Feel like smacking him on the face with a wet fish!

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

My OH has never got up with James, not once in 6 months!

Don't get me wrong he used to do late nights when James was teeny so I could get a few hours kip and he works full time [sometimes 6 days a week] but he's never done the morning shift.

I hear James long before he does anyway so it's just easier.

I don't even think I'd be able to lie in if I wanted to, I am so used to being up early.

I guess it's good OH tries but pointless if he's not going to do it right??

xxxxxx

Hmmmm sounds familiar! I sometimes wonder why I bother having a lie in. When I get up with the kids I get them fed, dressed, get myself ready and tidy up. When OH gets up, he gives Logan a bottle then lies on the couch and watches the tv while Cas makes a mess with her toys =/ Then I'm the bad one for having a go x

He literally doesn't have a clue how to look after Aaron!

He's never taken Aaron out on his own (apart from that time he dropped him off at his mums which ended in world war three!)

He's only ever looked after him for a couple of hours and I need to leave specific instructions.

Aaron needs a lot of work. I do physio and speech therapy with him every day. Hubby won't sign because it makes him feel stupid :wall2:

Plus I organise all his appointments etc

I'm going to be going back to work soon ... I'm worried now :shock:

Yeah no how you feel, my OH is good at changing her nappies and he makes up the bottles each night but he can't her her crying and when he finally does get out of bed if she is crying he will get dressed, go to the toilet, have a wash, do his hair, put bottle in bottle warmer (if he remembers) then goes out front for a fag before even going near her! It drives me mad!

She wakes up I say "morning baby" give her a tickle and smile then go and do her bottle, if I need to go toilet I do it while bottle is heating up then I go back into bedroom pick her up and feed her....done! Then she usually sleeps while drinking bottle or if got energy will want to play for 30 mins then goes back to sleep - that's the time to have a wash and do your fri king hair and don't get me started on the fag before baby.....grrrrrrr!! X

He literally doesn't have a clue how to look after Aaron!

He's never taken Aaron out on his own (apart from that time he dropped him off at his mums which ended in world war three!)

He's only ever looked after him for a couple of hours and I need to leave specific instructions.

Aaron needs a lot of work. I do physio and speech therapy with him every day. Hubby won't sign because it makes him feel stupid :wall2:

Plus I organise all his appointments etc

I'm going to be going back to work soon ... I'm worried now :shock:

It never ceases to amaze me how clueless my OH can be when it comes to looking after Max. He's a very intelligent person that runs his own company, but trying to work out what to give his son for breakfast sends him into a panic!

Is Aaron going into nursery/childminders when you go back to work Tweety? Max goes to a childminders and she is my saviour, when I'm in a mad dash I can drop him off in his pj's if necessary and I know when I pick him up he'll be feed, happy and has been entertained all day. I've told my OH in no uncertain terms that if there is ever a day I have to choose between him and the childminder I choose her :lol: xxx

He will be going to a nursery - but I work shifts, so it will only be if I'm day shift mon-fri.

I've got 2 months to educate him! :shock:

**passes you the wet fish**

Oh dear. I feel the exact same pain. Daisy Grace takes her meds/milk/fruit easy for me but mr c says "She wouldn't take it this morning" bull crap! Didn't try hard enough more like haha. Infuriates me too. Xx

tapatalking

Oh dear. I feel the exact same pain. Daisy Grace takes her meds/milk/fruit easy for me but mr c says "She wouldn't take it this morning" bull crap! Didn't try hard enough more like haha. Infuriates me too. Xx

tapatalking

THIS is my darling husband!! He will try but after two minutes if C hasn't put something in his mouth 'He's not hungry'!!

Hubby doesn't have a clue about how much I do and I given up! Xx

tapatalking

THIS is my darling husband!! He will try but after two minutes if C hasn't put something in his mouth 'He's not hungry'!!

Hubby doesn't have a clue about how much I do and I given up! Xx

Yip he does that too - we actually had a "loud discussion" about it today

For me Aaron will have 6oz milk filled by his lunch, a piece of cheese and a fruit pot for lunch and some water.

For hubby - 5oz milk and 3/4 of his lunch!

Aaron takes a while to feed, he always has done and hubby gives up too easy it drives me bonkers

My OH never does mornings either, just because he's worked. But I'm so used to it the min he cries I'm awake. So even when its OH days off and I get a "lie in" ill hear OH getting stressed and sometimes he's said he wouldn't feed for him so I'm up anyway!

Men aren't as patient as women. That's the problem.

xxxxx

wow I must be really lucky, it appears my OH does so much compared to some. He sends me off to bed at every available opportunity and does the 2 night feeds. He wakes me up to express my milk between 4am and 5am with a cappucino and he cooks 90% of our dinners. He's fantastic feeding, winding, changing and calming Scott down. He does spend a few hours in bed during the day to catch up on his sleep because he doesn't sleep during the night. He stays awake all night watching over Scott. He admitted to me last week that he can't sleep during the night because he is petrified of SIDS and can only sleep during the day because he knows I am awake with Scott. I know it's easier for him than most because he lost his job and wants to wait til I'm 6 weeks post op before he starts job hunting again.

He also is mega supportive of me BF, well expressing, and that's why he says he wants to do so much. He doesn't want me tired or to eat processed food so my milk doesn't suffer and he cooks loads of fresh veg and salads for me so he know's I'm eating healthy.

Like I said, it is easier because he's unemployed atm. I imagine when he's back at work I'm gonna really miss all his help lol. I do know alot of men who are unemployed though and still do feck all to help so I really do consider myself lucky x

Last edited:
My hubby does his fair share in general, he just has no instinct when it comes to Aaron.

If I gave him a list of things to do

7am - Milk
8am Weetabix
Change nappy, change clothes

etc etc

He would do them all without complaint

Leave him to his own devices though and the world implodes

Oh, and if he tells me one more time that he didn't do something because he was "looking after Aaron" I may kill him - wtf does he think I do all day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back