Just out of curiosity

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Linda, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

i know alot of you know what flavor baby your having.

a friend of ours has a theory that you can tell the sex of your baby by how you 'carry' your bump.

the theory goes that if you are having a girl, you carry at the front and have a 'hollow back' - meaning your back curves with your bump and you havent put on any extra weight around that area.

if your having a boy, you carry all the way around - meaning you put weight on all over including your back.

how many of you know what your having and are carrying either ar the front or all the way around?

2. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

I'm having a boy but got nothing other than a bump - so that theory doesn't work for me :lol: Also with Paris I carried it all round :lol:

3. Tegala-7thMarch08

Tegala-7thMarch08 Well-Known Member

i was told this but the other way around lool im having a boy but im carrying just at the front mainly no extra wieght on my bakc :)

4. girlygirl

girlygirl Well-Known Member

I thought it was the other way round? If your all front its a boy and if you put weight on most other places its a girl?
    Guess they are just old wives tales tho...but all fun. :lol:

5. purple13

purple13 Well-Known Member

i'm like babylicious - i'm having a boy and, if anything, i've lost weight everywhere apart from my bump - which is all out at the front. my bottom's definitely smaller!! :cheer:

6. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

My sister has 3 boys and carried differently with all of them. LOL :rotfl:

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

if it is true and the other way around we had better come up with a plan b ..lol...

i'm carrying at the front and at my 23 week scan they said it was a girl....

although we have bought neutral, we couldnt decide on a boys name, it took us long enough to agree on a girls name..... :rotfl:

8. Red_Fairy

Red_Fairy Well-Known Member

that therory was deffinatly right in my last pregnancy... and going by it again ill be having another girl. lol.

9. bonny

bonny Well-Known Member

I thought it was the other way round to, but it all horse sh!t anyway iv been a fatty with all mine, im now at the point of greasing my side's down before i go through a door :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dare not post a new pic in the gallery :oops:

10. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

Im same but having a girl... I think its all a myth and depends on each person to be honest :)

11. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I like your style

12. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

if its a boy your all front, if its a girl you put on weight everywhere

both my pregnancies have been all over, obviously got another girl on the way.

13. Full of hope!

Full of hope! Well-Known Member

I'm expecting a boy and I seem to be all bump at the front too, I have put a bit of weight on my back but i'm mostly all front. Old wives tale I think :wink:

14. Tiggy26

Tiggy26 Well-Known Member

My step mum told me about that theory however I had great joy in telling her she was wrong. Im having a boy & have put no weight on at all, all I have is my bump :cheer:

15. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

I must defy all the rules then :lol:

16. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Apparently boys are all up front and girls are all around... I carried all around with Tia but this time, I am definitely all up front :think: Which is why i thought I was carrying a boy... There was also this girl I knew, and it looked like she was carrying two extra babies in her bum it was that big... and it turned out to be a boy... so I don't think its true tbh.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Its a bit like that fundal measurement stuff.

17. ella

ella Well-Known Member

I dont know what I am having but people love guessing :roll: my favourite - is when people say you'd never know you were pregnant from the back - now I think even if you do put on some weight all round - babies dont grow in your back so this is a totally stupid comment :wall: :wall: :wall:

18. jodie_honey

jodie_honey Well-Known Member

im havin a girl and carryin all out at the front. ive lost weight everywhere else x

19. chrystaltips

chrystaltips Well-Known Member

I'm all out front, nowt anywhere else and I'm having a girl. Don't think it has anything to do with gender though. More likely to do with your body shape to begin with and maybe genetics??