Just need to vent

EllieH

Reaction score
So I think I'm pregnant, my DD is nearly 5 months and I went onto the pill about 10 weeks ago, had a light period then a couple of spotting since then but recently I've been feeling sick, smelling everything and so hormonal it's untrue, I'm crying at everything.
I'm also tired but don't know if it's because DD had a bad night and we've had some busy days but I'm crying about no sleep too.
Also DD has been funny about feeding (breast) and that's taking its toll on me but not sure whether that's because it's hot and she can't stand the exchange in body heat and my nipples are sore again, not bad but uncomfortable.

Going to get a test tomorrow, worried about DHs and his families reaction tbh and we wanted to buy a house when I went back to work and we'd paid off some debt!

Don't worry about it until you know, is what I keep telling myself

I bet it's unlikely though as I'm breastfeeding, right?

Hope someone fancies chatting or have had similar feeling and it's hormones going back to normal or something

I don't know too much about it but the pill did mess with my hormones to the point I can't take it anymore. It could be maybe the wrong pill for you? Or your body still adjusting to the pill maybe.

I hope you get the answer you want X

The pill turned me into a hormonal mess when I tried it. Much more so than pregnancy ever did, so that is something to consider. It does sound like you could be having some pregnancy symptoms though so I dont blame you for wondering. It is unlikely to get pregnant at 5 months when exclusively BFing if you havent had a period but there is still something like a 2% chance so its not impossible. I never went back on birth control after my last two pregnancies and it took a year 1st time and 8 months the second time to get pregnant and that is relatively quick compared to most. If your baby sleeps through the night, goes a long time between feeds or is getting any formula or solid food it makes getting pregnant more likely. Some babies do get fussy at the breast as soon as you get pregnant because of a change in flow or flavour of milk. If you do get a BFP it will be a shock but once it settles in I'm sure you will be happy. There are lots of good things about a close age gap and in a few years you wouldnt be able to imagine it another way.

Last edited:
When I first went on this pill, years ago, I was vile and adjusted quite quickly to it though (still with a bit of attitude) this time round. I don't think there is another pill available for me as I can't take oestrogen as my mum had pre menopausal breast cancer. And don't like the idea of others, not that I want to be on any kind of hormones changers!

She had a few night couple of weeks ago where she'd sleep for 8-9 hours! And it's just the nausea that's making me think it, remaining me of this time last year, so much!

I would be happy, no doubt about it and hubby would come round to it, it'll just be people's comments and trying to hold my tongue that'll bother me.

And biggest of all, my DD, I know she won't remember any different, but it's just all the feeling towards her and feeling like I've missed out on special time with her I'm getting upset thinking about it. Need to get tomorrow over with
X

Did you get a test yet?

Mmm... 8 or 9hrs at night could be enough to trigger ovulation. Still it could just be your body gettig used to the the pill giving you pregnany type symptoms.

I got pregnant with our second with our 2nd when our 1st was a year old and then again when he was 8months. It was on purpose but I can sympathise because I was really worried about telling family. They thought we were crazy but soon got used to the idea lol :). Unfortunately we lost the 3rd one but I am pregnant again now. This time family was kind of expecting it after our loss so it wasnt such a shock.

Keep us updated when you get a test.

No, it won't be till later, going to see if the shop on the way home from playgroup has got one, then if not hubby will pick one up on the way home. (I got upset writing the last post and thought he was asleep but no, so had to tell him)

I don't feel too bad today tbf, not as nauseous as past couple of days!

It will just be DHs sister who told us at the end of April she was 13weeks pregnant, who will probably have her arse in her hands with us! She's the queen at making digs that you can't blow up about because you'd look pathetic. Bugs me so much

She even boasted that she wouldn't be pregnant at Christmas so would be able to drink and go out at the works Christmas party and over the Christmas holiday, which last year, I moaned about I wasn't able to do, as I was heavily pregnant (when it come round to it I really wasn't bothered about not drinking!)

Now how petty do I sound but it's little things like that, that you just think 'oh **** off!'

Anyway

I will let you know the result as soon as I've come to terms with the result haha

Now you have been thinking about it so much if its a BFN you are not going to know if you are more relieved or disappointed :).

BFN! I'm both relieved and disappointed, and baffled as to why I feel so sick and smell makes me feel sick too.

Probably all in my head!

Thanks for the chat x

Seems like it could be the pill messing with your body then? I'm relieved for you but I am sure you are disappointed too. Maybe you will be TTC before you thought :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back