Just need setting straight

JustTrying

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new here but ive read countless of posts online but much to your dismay, it's still not encouraging enough so Im probably about to type the same thing you have read over and over again. Here goes,

I am 11 days over due and have never experienced a late period before.

over this time (including today) I have taken several one step pregnancy tests and 2 first response tests and all have come back negative.

I am extremely bloated, and have had backaches continously for the past 7 days. Last week I saw pink spotting over 3 days but I don't know if its my eyes playing tricks or it was actual spotting as it was so so so faint. like 1 spot of pink. I am also getting alot of discharge.
I had thrust just under 2 weeks ago which has now gone.

I don't have any sore nipples/breasts and neither have they darkened. I have had a few bursts of acne over the last 2 days and cramps over the las few weeks which are slowly subsiding..

i am sat here with a backache as it does not seem to subside.

My friends think im pale/glowing and are convinced im pregnant.

I know pregnancy and period symptoms are very similiar but do you think theres still a chance? Maybe I am testing too early?

I have been advised to try clearblue test as its most accurate and I intend to do it tonight but in the meantime I am driving myself up the wall day by day.

If you're 11 days overdue you are defiantly not testing too early. If the clearblue comes back negative id go to the docs so you can have a blood test.
Your symptoms sound promising, but as you said could be related to AF.
xx

If you're 11 days overdue you are defiantly not testing too early. If the clearblue comes back negative id go to the docs so you can have a blood test.
Your symptoms sound promising, but as you said could be related to AF.
xx

I have a doctors appointment booked for 20th but I will try to get an "on the day" appointment on Thursday because the suspense is killing me.

thankyou for the response - i dont know what Im looking for. Reassurance and sorts. anything until I get a confirm period or positive line.

i was getting negatives even when i was 15 days late! went to the doctors and the test was faint they classed it at negative, told me to go home for 2 weeks then go, in that time i did managed to get a positive on a clear blue digi test.

it turned out i ovulated later than normal that cycle even tho i wasnt tracking etc i was 2 weeks out with my dates

i was getting negatives even when i was 15 days late! went to the doctors and the test was faint they classed it at negative, told me to go home for 2 weeks then go, in that time i did managed to get a positive on a clear blue digi test.

it turned out i ovulated later than normal that cycle even tho i wasnt tracking etc i was 2 weeks out with my dates

Im 11 days late and had a negative today on a cheap one step pregnancy test.

I havent tracked either so Im relying on estimates.

It seems the clearblue is worth a try.

Did you get any symptoms in those 15 days?

i just had sore boobs really and feeling a bit sick, and i had cramping all the way through but not as painful as AF cramps. i also had cold right at the beginning which can be a sign and i came out in lots of spots and im not a spotty person normally. thats all the symptoms ive had through this pregnancy its my first so i was expecting the worst of everything.

i wasn't monitoring mine either me and my OH were just going with the flo and letting mother nature do its thing. i just went off the first day of my last period which would have made me due the 23rd may, but ive been dated the 2nd June.

i bought a few and once i had my positive on the digi i got them on the normal ones.

i knew i was pregnant i was never late period wise and i just felt different. i had spotting and cramping so was sent to the EPU and the scan showed a sac then 2 weeks later a heartbeat then 2 weeks after that a formed baby. it moves so quickly

i just had sore boobs really and feeling a bit sick, and i had cramping all the way through but not as painful as AF cramps. i also had cold right at the beginning which can be a sign and i came out in lots of spots and im not a spotty person normally. thats all the symptoms ive had through this pregnancy its my first so i was expecting the worst of everything.

i wasn't monitoring mine either me and my OH were just going with the flo and letting mother nature do its thing. i just went off the first day of my last period which would have made me due the 23rd may, but ive been dated the 2nd June.

i bought a few and once i had my positive on the digi i got them on the normal ones.

i knew i was pregnant i was never late period wise and i just felt different. i had spotting and cramping so was sent to the EPU and the scan showed a sac then 2 weeks later a heartbeat then 2 weeks after that a formed baby. it moves so quickly

Aww good luck with it all xxx

it's my first too which is why im so impatient and just want it to happen!

i was the same - wishing the days away!

try a clear blue digi, then go doctors once you have the result either way you may need to see them about being late

i was the same - wishing the days away!

try a clear blue digi, then go doctors once you have the result either way you may need to see them about being late

thanks hun. I will be trying it tonight. does it matter if it is not morning urine?

docs appointment is on 20th.

they say morning wee is better for testing.

i have my fingers crossed for you - i have been there and i know what its like to want for nothing more than to see that second line. x

Period is now 18 days over and the next one is due in exactly a weeks time.

Doctor refuse to refer me for a blood test and suggested that I am most likely not pregnant and instead took swaps to see if there is any infection down there.

I have zero period/pregnancy symptoms now apart from extreme bloating.

I'm sure they have to give you a blood test if you ask! I mean they give blood tests to people for the most unlikely of reasons so even if they don't think you are pregnant, they should still give you one for peace of mind!
Hope you get it all sorted x

have you done another test? they wouldnt give me one either. x

I took it a week ago and it came back negative.

perhaps I should take one today

yeah it was a straightforward "NO" and my swabs for infection have come back as negative too.

I'm sure they have to give you a blood test if you ask! I mean they give blood tests to people for the most unlikely of reasons so even if they don't think you are pregnant, they should still give you one for peace of mind!
Hope you get it all sorted x

exactly my thoughts!
thankyou

i would try another test! i thought they would have given me a blood test if i had requested but i was very wrong indeed!

I started my period last night. It started with very creamy mucus and brown discharge (old blood I guess) followed with bright red blood today.

as I missed a period inbetween , I expected this to be very heavy but it is not. It's light-medium.

..but the cramps are uncontrollable. theyve taken it out of me.

yes, this is sad news btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back