Just Had Scan!

K X

Reaction score
Hi, I am just back from having my scan, with what a thought was a 3 month pregnancy so far, but it turns out I am only 6 weeks!! I am gutted in the fact that I thought I was past the "danger" period of 3 months. All they could see on the scan was the sack with a pounding heart beat, but no definition of a baby. They said that it's fine, but I am a little concerned and deflated. (been in floods of tears!) x

K,

How exciting although I'd be a mess too.

I'm hoping that when I go for mine they tell me I'm further along than what I am.....if I'm shorter I'll be a mess.....it just feels long to go doesn't it.

Although, I was looking at a book yesterday and by the time Xmas comes around I'm going to be gy-normous! Bewdy, more Roast for me on Xmas Day.

Take care darl,

Sass
x

Hi Sass, thanks. I am concerned too, as I already have a round tummy (which I never used to have) and I am only 6 weeks!! Oh dear, I think I will look like a beached whale at Xmas, and it's my bday on Xmas Eve!! How nice will we look over the festivities!

Take care.

K xx

HA HA HA.

I must get off my backside and go for a swim.....I've been meaning to go for a week now. After this I'm off!

Had been playing tennis alot too before I found out and haven't played since but I must get back into it, I'm already feeling obsessed with the whole thing and I don't want to be. Must stop watching all those birth programmes on Discovery as well.......

Bye!
x

Hi K,
Did they provide you with any explantation? Doesnt' make sense you thinking you're 3 months and them saying 6 weeks. Sounds like the baby is doing okay though so I don't think you need worry.
S

Hiya K

It seems likely that you will have another scan at 20 weeks, which will be a little more accurate...if there is a discrepancy in your dates it should be picked up here.

Take Care

Kieren

Hi S, They didn't give me a proper explanation other than my periods must of went a bit wonky and the doctor has calculated the date wrong.

Midwife online- I live in Edinburgh, and up in Scotland you are only supposed to have 1 scan which is at 3 months, unlike in England where you get two (I think). I would much rather prefer having one at 20 weeks just to make sure everything is still ticking along fine. I go for my next scan on July 20th by then I will definitley be 3 months or over. My partner is from Manchester so I should maybe move down there and get one at 20 weeks.

Thanks guys. ;o)

Hi I just joined the forum! That is great!

Could you advise me a good doctor in London. I am a new resident here and have no friends, who were/are pregnant.

Im in my 5th week and need to make an appointment asap!

mant thanks

hi, I am 9 weeks on Monday and still really worried. I can't wait for those next 3 weeks so I can start to sleep again. After reading most of the messages on here thats ok we are normal!!! the good news for you is that at only 6 weeks they could see a heart beat. I had a m/c in october and when I went for the 6 week scan there was no heart beat. So try not to worry too much it looks like everthing is going to plan.

Hi K

Although you're really dissappointed that you're not further along as originally thought it must be really reassuring seeing the heartbeat on screen.

I live in Lanarkshire in Scotland and in our area we get 2 scans - 12 wks and 20 wks so it must vary on region to region

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back