Just had GTT...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
well....that was a long morning..

got to hospital at 9am.....got into appt at 9:45 cos the girl before me had even worse veins than me it would appear and they struggled to get anything out of her!!

so first lot was fine, cos i knew which was my 'good vein'....so first time....yippeee....then the drink, which was not too bad. to be honest i was so thirsty i would have drank anything!!!

so back into the waiting room for 2 hours.........then the dreaded blood taking attempt 2...FAIL...i knew it.....tried another vein...FAIL....then finally at a 3rd attempt...got some..yippeeeee........to think 12 months ago i had a serious needle phobia, i am so bloody proud of myself...

did all my normal antenatal checks too and boo boo still not engaged but is still lying long and head down, so thats good. BP fine (even after the needle trauma) and wee fine and HB fine...so so far so good. get the GTT results on Tuesday....fx...

xx

FX you get the all clear.

Though even if you don't I'm sure it will be perfectly manageable for you hun so try not to worry too much xx

Hope the results come back ok! needle phobias are horrible, i used to hate having patients with phobias like that, glad you seem to be cured now though :) xx

It's good to get it over with isn't it?? You did well!

xx

oh yeah...well and truly cured....last jan it took me lying on a bed with sam holding me down and 2 other nurses....lol

now...i go on my own and dont even flinch!! i have found watching what they are doing helps me......have to admit it was a bit sore when she tried the same vein again the second time.....only cos she'd already been in there once...and i did let out a little 'ow'...lol....xx

Eeek, you brave brave lady! I hate needles and having blood taken!

Hope your results are good xx

Fx its all clear for you xx

Brave gal! FX everything OK xxxxx

the woman doing mine had to take it from the same vein she had taken the first one from. It was sore. Well done hun. xx

the woman doing mine had to take it from the same vein she had taken the first one from. It was sore. Well done hun. xx

yeah..it hurts doesnt it..then my vein said 'no chance....you've been here once!'..lol xx

mine was the same I actually watch it shrink away in fear. lol

If you do have diabetes they tend to ring within 24hrs. Were u told your first result?

P.s. ive tried to reply to post about big babies but it keeps throwing me out and loosing what I wrote. Will try from laptop as just been using phone x

eeeek i still have to do mine im 33 weeks!!! was meant to get it done at 28!!.. did u do the 2 hour test???? x

Well done! After having out babies I think we will all have got over some phobias!! Xx

If you do have diabetes they tend to ring within 24hrs. Were u told your first result?

P.s. ive tried to reply to post about big babies but it keeps throwing me out and loosing what I wrote. Will try from laptop as just been using phone x

the midwife said she would ring me on tuesday....didnt get first result cos she just sent both together up to the lab..once i had finished...

xx

i had my 2nd GTT on tuesday just gone and the 2nd lot of blood was taken from the exact same spot but i had a student mw do it that time. its nice to be helping ppl learn and im glad im completely calm with needles as it must make it easier on the poor students lol.

i had my 2nd GTT on tuesday just gone and the 2nd lot of blood was taken from the exact same spot but i had a student mw do it that time. its nice to be helping ppl learn and im glad im completely calm with needles as it must make it easier on the poor students lol.

well i am calm now......this time last year i wasnt...lol...but i am now. i even suprise myself.....just not phased now... :D

remind me of that statement when i am getting drip put in my hand...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back