just got bak frm hosp with my sis

hayes

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just thought id update you my sis has been bked in on the 7th feb still 2wks away!!

The nurse said she was nearly 10wks so she will b nearly 12 by then its so horrible. I was with her the whole time, the nurse cudnt seen anything on the scan so had to do an internal and i looked up even tho i kept saying to myself dont look dont look i cudnt help it, i saw the little bean. So sad. Silly me its my own fault.

Anyway its a proper op for her in 2wks and then hopefully we can start to move on frm this.

Thanks for always listening girls.

Michelle. x

Hey Sweetie,

I can't beleive how long this process is taking! You are being so supportive and your sister must be so grateful for you being around dispite what you are going though.

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must all be for you. xx

Wow - that is harsh! I can't believe this is being dragged on so long - your poor sister (and poor you!)

I am surprised they couldn't see anything in a normal scan at 10 weeks?? I know an internal is a lot more intrusive (I've had far too many transvaginal scans sadly!!)

It must have been so hard to not look hun! I hope it didn't upset you too much!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys it was hard but it was my own fault for looking. Just want two weeks to fly by so it can b ova.

Michelle. x

Wow. That is a really long time.

I sadly went through this when I was younger.

But it all got sorted so quickly and I never had a scan until maybe an hour before surgery.

It must be so upsetting and scary for her having to wait for two weeks. And of course heartbreaking for you.

I'm not sure I'd be strong enough now to help someone through it all. So really well done to you.

No one is ever happy to make such a hard decision. But your sister will be eternally grateful that you were there for her. Xxx

Thanks cupcake its been a long and tough day but your kind words(and everyone elses)have helped me a lot.

Its going to be rough in two weeks as she wants me to go with her again, and this time they have to knock her out and i may have to be at the hosp for up to 7 hours waiting!!! Surrounded by pg ladies and there bumps and to top it off my af is due around then!!

Michelle. x

Oh Michelle, that's awful and for your poor sis too.

Sadly I too went through this 6 years ago and to be honest I was so numb right from the time i found out, booked the appt privately and it was over after less than a week, I had to pay £500 and the procedure was quick and physically painless but emotional torture. I couldn't comprehend having to wait this long.

As cliche as it sounds hun its just not her time yet and yours will come too and fx she can put the whole thing behind her now she's got a set date.

Massive hugs to both of you and good for you for being an amazing sister! I'm sure she wouldn't be able to go through it without you, I'd really struggle so I think you've been doing a fantastic job.

I'm guessing you are still away??? So hope you enjoy the rest of your hol and try to relax

BB xxxx

Oh hun :hug: You are being such a fantastic sister to her throughout all this. I can imagine it must be so difficult to put your own emotions aside to try and help her, and I really admire you. I'm sure she appreciates it so much. I'm really glad you have a set date now, and that you can see the end in sight... one day all of this will just be a really sad memory.

I wouldnt imagine she will be in the same department as the preg ladies will she hun? I'm sure they would have enough compassion to have a separate waiting room from maternity/antenatal? If not then I would seriously complain! Will be thinking of you on the day sweetie xxx

Thanks babybushie and ams25 it so nice to have support on here esp when you are having a bad day.

Im afraid that yes the pg ladies were all around us yesterday and will b when we go bak, its the same area for maternity and everything else(its where i had my pre cancerous cells removed twice now!) silly really but at least no ones exactly what you are there for.

Once this is ova i hope the nxt time im in there is for a good reason!! lol.

Michelle.x

Aw hun I think that's really insensitive of them! Come to think of it I was surrounded by happy pregnant ladies with huge bumps when I had my abnormal smear treatment too... It really upset me, I remember saying to my mum that they were all there for such happy reasons when I was sat there worrying if I had cancer! Grr (sorry for banging on about me hun, just to say I sympathise!) Very insensitive on the NHS's part.

How do you feel today sweetie? You really are a lovely girl being so supportive of your sis, and we are all here to chat to anytime! Xxx

Oh Michelle, been thinking about you hon - must've been horrendous for you at the hospital _ probably would have looked too... Can't believe they are making her wait until 12 weeks - awful... Hope you're managing to stay ok and are not in too much pain right now (physical and mental) - big hugs for you :hugs: xxx

I wasnt trying when i went for my treatment but obv yesterday we cudnt help but notice the pg ladies. Altho there were also some vey worried faces, wanted to hug a few of them.

Im ok today altho im bak frm my hols me and hubby have the week off so we are doing lots together and im not feeling to bad physically but mentally im still struggling with it all but to b honest ive becum kinda numb to it now i think we have done our crying and talking and thinking of it now its just time to get on with it just wish the nhs cud see that!!

Michelle. x

aww, thinking about you hon - sorry it's so horrible right now - at least you have your hubby to keep you company :) On a lighter note, did you manage to dtd lots over your weekend away? Have you been thinking about ttc much or is your attention focused on your sis too much atm? :hugs:

I did manage to dtd a lot yes lol, i know that i have done all i can this month so now gota wait, keep swinging between feeling positive that this month it has to be and then tinking yea but i have thought every month since last summer lol.

I do think od my sis alot but you are right hubby keeps my mind off it. How are you anyway??

Michelle. x

The dreaded 2ww eh? When's your testing date then? I know what you mean about the positivity - one minute I'm up and the next I'm down - it seems to change every day...

I'm not too bad hon - still struggling with various things but managing to keep my head above water... Am on cd10 - started bd-ing yesterday so it will be a busy few days for me - think I will probably ov over the weekend. Bit awkard as we will be staying at my parents on Saturday night, so we will have to be quiet lol!

What have you been up to this week with your hubby? xxx :dust:

Not much really, i went out with my nan weds shopping, then yesterday me and hubby went for a nice walk and were ment to b going for a romantic meal in the eve but i just wasnt up to it, im sure you know how i feel.

Slept badly last night too so im in a lot of pain today so doubt we will do much today either which is a shame.

According to the opk because i got my smiley face on the 12th day i shud be having a 27day cycle(so shud be nxt fri 3rd feb!!) but im so irregular that i neva trust that altho i will be 14dpo then, i will prob wait till the following sat as i hate to see that bfn!!

I think thats what i put on the feb testing thread the 11th.

Fx that you ov this weekend and that you can bd alot, i know what you mean about being quiet had to be quiet both last fri and sat!! lol.

Michelle. x

Hey Michelle - I do know how you feel about not feeling up to it - feel like that a lot unfortunately! I hardly slept again last night, so am feeling absolutely knackered - hope my sleep sorts itself out soon... On a positive note I got peak on my CBFM and +ive opk today so it's all systems go on the ttc front :) I have put down that I will be testing 12th Feb - so a day after you! :) Will be bd-ing tomorrow morning before we go, then Sunday and then 2ww! Eeek! Hope you have a good weekend hon and manage to chill out a bit.. hugs :hugs:xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back