Just Found out....

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Hi all......

Here I am, back again after 2 years....

I'm in abit of a tizz. Panicking the lot. Looking for some moral support from people with similar situations.

I have a little boy who will be 2 next month. However I do have a boyfriend of 6 months (not currently living together) so the following has come to quite a shock to us both.
I had to come off the pill last month as it really does not agree with me, it seems I have gotten caught. Last monthly was 21st Feb when I stopped the Pill.

I have felt somewhat different the last few days and it prompted me to take a test. Keep getting hot, one of my boobs & nipple is sore & my tummy feels full but is not bloated in appearance, if that makes sense. I just feel full like too full to eat. I feel if I eat something i may vomit.
Took first test Monday night as it was playing on my mind (did the one step dip stick test) a very faint positive showed.
Took 2 more yesterday, used morning sample and got a faint positive, took it again around 4PM the line was slightly darker.
Took another this morning and the line was again slightly darker.
Dates are saying I am roughly 4 weeks.

I am currently under going weekly therapy for anxiety as I have been having trouble with it since mid January.

Guessing I should tell my therapist my discovery tomorrow & see how this is going to affect my recovery process.

I am still getting my head around this, keep shaking out of nerves.
I think my little boy senses something is different as he is being unusually clingy with me.

My first pregnancy was such an ordeal, I was alone throughout, I had severe SPD & SJD, I had hypermesis, no growth from 30 weeks then induced early at 38 weeks.

Anyone with any similar experiences?

My similiarity to your experience is that I was being treated for depression and anxiety (taking anti-depressants and awaiting my first appointment for therapy) at the time I found out I was pregnant. Mine too was a shock, we'd been TTC for about 18 months before but had stopped due to my mental health issues.

A week after I got my positive pregnancy test, I made the decision to come off the anti-depressants to see if I could handle the world without them. I'm 31 weeks now. I have managed without the meds so far but it continues to be a struggle.

It's impossible to say how this will impact your recovery - but in my own experience, all the different people involved (midwives, gp, therapist, health visitor) have all been really reassuring about helping me through this and making sure that I can take care of the baby and myself in the best possible way.

Hang on in there, get every bit of help you can because you totally deserve to be looked after.

Sending happy thoughts your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back