Just found out im Pregnant!

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Hello,
Im Laura, mum to Jessica 18 months and I have just found out Im pregnant again. Its a bit of a surprise as I have fertility problems (allegedly) and was told by my gyn 2.5 years ago that the chance of conceiving were remote. I was due for ivf in oct 2003 and then found out the week before I started that we have managed it ourself. Then in Oct this year I went to get referred to my gyn with a view to more ivf and yesterday I took a positive test. My gyn appointment wasnt till March and this has caught us totally by surprise. We are over the moon and a bit stunned. I am going to wait til next friday till I tell our families as I cant get to the docs till Thursday. Im not sure though if I am 4 weeks or 8. My last period was hellish painfull down one side which in hindsight might have been implantation and not a true period. I bled a bit at the start with Jess. How would they find this out without a scan. I have morning sickness (at night) and have dog nose. Also I have a craving for prawns which I hate and feel that 4 weeks might be a bit early for this.
Yikes!!
Any replies would be appreciated as I cant talk to the folks till Friday and and dying to talk pregnancy!

Lauramum01

well first a big huge congratulations to you, your partner and your daughter im so happy for you all :D

Having cravens such early stage i dont think is a prob though i thought i was about 4-6 weeks when i done a home test and managed to get a scan 4 weeks later due to problems with my last pregnancy turned out i was 15 weeks and 4 days so thatw as a bit of a shock...lol

i dont really know what to say about your cravens for prawns but just be carefull their is no allargy history in your family according to the midwifes your not supposed to have raw fish and prawns but to my its a bollox excuse the language as long as their is no history hun u enjoy your prawns

hope all goes well for u cant wait to hear how your first scan goes and how your family take to the brill news

take care

luv n hugs Jean

xxxxxxx

p.s another huge congrats :D

Hiya,

A huge congrats to you, that's great news. I guess the docs. got it wrong, you don't seem to have fertility problems!! I bet your daughter will be excited to have a little brother or sister to play with.

I hope the morning sickness doesn't get too bad for you. Everyone on here's really nice and remember we are here whenever you need us.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Nicki.x

P.s good luck at the doctors on Thurs.

Well congratulations.

More proof that the doctors don't always know what they are talking about. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and told it could take me a very long time to concieve. So it was a bit of shock to get pregnant almost as soon as we started trying (actually we weren't even trying that hard, but had just moved in together and were having a lot of fun!)!!

As far as the prawns go; I wouldn't. It's not to do with allergies so much as food poisoning. Raw fish and shellfish are prime carriers for nasties and you really don't want food poisoning at this point. Perhaps a packet of Skips would do instead ;o)

Thanks bubble and skidoo. Do you know the doc had the cheek to say that we were more than welcome to put it down to his laparoscopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back