just dyed hair and worried

bbee

Reaction score
dyed my hair red with a dye made from 60% natural oils and it has no ammonia. it didn't take so i used three bottles! its not very fumey but when i did get a wiff it made me a little light headed. i am so worried! i was umming and arrring whether to do it and now i regret it! i just want little peanut to be ok :( also, i just rolled off the sofa by accident and got a bit of pain in my tummy. i am a nervous wreck!!! i am having such a bad day it's unreal!
i'm going to go cry now xxxx

Last edited:
Dying your hair is perfectly safe hun.... the reason they say not to is more that as you've discovered it might not take... or you could be sensitive to it.... no need to panic x

thanks for replying :) gosh i'm just having one of those days! really starting to get more stressy now as the weeks go by lol, going to get a doppler so i can put my mind at ease when i have moments like these!! :p xxx

Hmm if you're stressing now... getting a doppler maybe isn't the best idea as it can take a very long time to locate babies hb or you might not find it at all because baby is in a strange position... that could cause you to stress out even more... soon you'll be feeling movement regularly hun and that will help put your mind at ease x

yea i suppose you're right. just going to stick with: if there's no blood, don't panic! :p
got to wait six weeks til i can see my baby again!! :-( so impatient lol xx

No need to panic, it's safe :) I know what you mean about doing something then regretting it though, I've eaten a few things on the 'forbidden' list in this pregnancy, mostly by accident, and then panicked and really cursed myself after but the truth is unless we were binge drinking or taking drugs or maybe throwing ourselves out of aeroplanes or something lol then we're very unlikely to harm our babies! Xxx

Hmm if you're stressing now... getting a doppler maybe isn't the best idea as it can take a very long time to locate babies hb or you might not find it at all because baby is in a strange position... that could cause you to stress out even more... soon you'll be feeling movement regularly hun and that will help put your mind at ease x

i totally agree with this. i think dopplers are bad for this reason of checking things are ok just incase you cant find the heartbeat or anytin (no matter what trimester).. putting you into an overdrive of panic! could send ya mad. if dopplers are used just for a nice way of wanting hear babys heartbeat and women who arent easily panicked then yeah go for it. but if they are anythin like me and suffer with paranoia its a no no! haha
my hairdresser dyes my hair all the time but iv got dark hair.
i dont know where red dyes or anythin else are concerned? i asked my hairdresser if he could dye my hair blonde but he said he wouldnt strip it and stuff cuz im pregnant and its not recommended xx

thanks ladies don't know what i'd do without you lot :lol: xxx

Ive dyed my hair about 4 times now whilst pregnant ant strong fumes will make u feel a bit light headed butvas the girls said before its more to do with the colour not taking, input red in my hair last week its almost washed out now already

I need to dye mine more since been pregnant fades so easy lol but it's perfectly fine :) xx

I was considering dying my hair too I've been givin my hair a break and haven't dyed it in 23 weeks (I'm counting as I used to dye it a different colour every few days/weeks!) has anyone bleached their hair while pregnant? I think I'm too nervous to get out the bleach myself but was considering highlights or a tint as at the moment my hair is so boring! Lol

Havent bleached mine as I find it fumey enough pre pregnancy so not gona go blonde at all until baby is here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back