Just done a OPK at 8 DPO

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Laurababs, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Laurababs

Laurababs Well-Known Member

Simply because I was curious what the results would show and I didn't want to use my FRER/Clearblue until a few more days.

I got 2 lines on the OPK, one slightly lighter than the other... Is this a good or bad sign? I think I've just confused myself anymore but did read someone that ovulation kits can detect early pregnancy?

2. lillith112

lillith112 Well-Known Member

They do pick up hgc hormone as well as lh. But I did a test before my period and I got 2 lines, convinced myself I was pregnant and was very disappointed as pregnancy test was negative and af arrived ��. But you're not out until AF, there's always hope xx

3. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

OPKs will always show a faint line, I'm afraid. It's inly if it's very dark that you're about to ov, or I guess that could be the same if you're prego. X

4. napoli

napoli Well-Known Member

there is always a faint line for most people :) doesn't really mean anything I don't think

5. Nemi

Nemi Well-Known Member

Is that true?

That OPKs should always show a faint line?

I have had loads of them them with no line on, but I have also had lines around ovulation! Worried that means something is wrong?

6. jomc

jomc Well-Known Member

No, mine don't always show a faint line. They start showing about a week or so before ov and then taper off. But I certainly dont always have two lines x