just discovered im pregnant with my second child, but.......

Kirstik

Reaction score
I have taken a pregnancy test today 1st of of due cycle and it was positive - yippee!! I have a couple of questions which i feel a little embarrassed about seen as my daughter is nearly 3 so it wasn't that long ago that I was in this position before, however, I hope some of you may be able to help. :pray:

1. what is the likelihood of losing? I lost a second child at 8 weeks, however, I fell pregnant only 3 months after my daughter was born and I was given the same due date, scan date etc, yet (eery!) and i just told myself that it wasn't meant to be and that my body just wasn't ready.

2. how soon did any of you tell your employer, I am a college lecturer and unfortunately am only on a variable hours contract and seen as my due date will probably be sometime in September then I would imagine that they will just say they won't need me in September as there isn't enough hours etc. So am a little worried about when to tell him, what did others do?

3. Can you get your hair highlighted when you're pregnant. I am due to get this done on Thursday but want to check first.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you

congrats!
Obviously everyone has a chance of losing, we all just have to stay positive, the first 12 weeks are the most important and the risk lessens after this.
I got told off for not telling my employer, i didnt know and just asked for time off for a scan and they moaned that i did not tell them, so i guess you need to tell them straight away, but, you dont get your MATB1 form until you are 20 weeks.This is a form your employer needs and they kept bugging me for it. I do not know if this is different in different areas.
As for the hair i was told highlighting is fine as the bleach only touches the hair not the scalpe, although it may so funny due to your hormones.
This is what i have been told anyway so what i have said is not gospel.
Ami

Congratulations Kirstik :cheer: :hug: :cheer:
Have a comfy and happy pregnancy, and I think it's all good advice above from trixiehunnybun :hug:

thank you for your advice both of you. I feel better now. perhaps I'll have to ask my hairdresser what she advises about the highlights I just didn't want to tell anyone yet as I haven't even seen the midwife yet and am only 4 weeks which is early for me to tell people.

I hope everything goes well for you both.

take care x

If you tell your employer they should respect your wishes and not tell anyone else. That is up to you. But one person at least needs to know.

Re your hair, a few ladies have discussed this in other threads on the forum, have a quick search, in first and second tri, about 'hair' or 'highlights' or some such and you should find lots of info and other peoples experiences.

From what I recall, its as above, but the results can vary as hormones cause reactions and give varying results. You may not even be able to have the usual colour, but will be advised to go for something softer etc. Maybe just hold off a few weeks, just phone up and ask about it. You don't have to give your name so they won't know its you. Then when you are a bit further along, book in for your colour and go with what the recommended in your earlier convo. Chances are your hairdresser may not twig :)

Hiya hon,

Just wanted to congratulate you, also just because you have mc before doesnt mean you will again
xxx

Congrats on your pregnancy, and stay positive xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy :cheer: :cheer:

Try and keep positive, I think the odds are in your favor for a successfully pregnancy :hug:

Congrats on the pregnancy hun! Just to say I still haven't told my employer. I'm going to tell them on friday after my scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back