just cudnt wait!!!

sarahx500

Reaction score
i cudnt wait any longer and ive given in to putting my christmas tree up...

every1 says its too early but hey never mind!!!!
its all pinky and sparkly and i like it!!

think i have too much time on my hands
spent hours trying to do the crimson room and got rather annoyed with it coz i just cudnt do it, might just be a bit thick lol......

OMG Sarah!!!

I get told I'm early and mine never goes up before the 1st December!!!

I am counting down the days to the first of december but i am so tempted to be early this year, half of our street have their xmas lights up outside... they have been there over a week already... I can't wait to get them out again... WOOHOO for xmas decorations...
Sorry this time of year makes me so hyper
Good on you Sarah for getting yours up :)

omg that is early!!!! lol youll be sick and tired of it by christmas time!!!!!! lol

Back home, the decorations go up the day after thanksgiving which is on the 24th of November this year.

Oh Sarah

i thought that i was the first. we put ours up on saturday. We have a 6 foot fibre optic one and Joshua put loads of the decorations on it.

i have put my foot down with DH and we are not putting the pressies under the tree yet. too much temptation for my 3 year old. lol

xmas would be ruined for me if i put my tree or any other decorations up before the 23rd of december! as per norwegian tradition i put my "star of bethlehem"/"advent star" (star shaped light) up in my window on 1st sunday of advent (which is this sunday the 27th!), but that's it!

in norway, xmas eve is "the big day" rather than xmas day, and the night before it is tradition to clean decorate the house ready for xmas eve. as kids, me and my sis used to love helping with decorating the tree, then go to bed and wake up xmas eve morning and *magically* the whole house had been transformed and pressies were under the tree waiting to be opened in the evening!

xmas eve daytime we would get wrapped up warm and go round to friends and relatives and place our pressies for them under their trees, and have some nibbles etc whilst xmas dinner was cooking slowly in the oven at home. then we'd go home to a wonderfully smelling house and get dressed up, ready for xmas dinner at 5pm, followed by "endless" hours of coffee, and a few tipples for the grown ups, waiting for the pressies which we'd usually open around 8-9pm. (nowadays it's usually dad who starts nagging about opening the pressies as he wants to go to bed early!! lol)

this is how my xmases have been for as long as i can remember...
i'm not going home to norway for xmas this year (for obvious reasons..) but the family are staying with us over here instead, so i'm making a traditional norwegian xmas in our house!

and then we also celebrate xmas day as well, as dad is english! talk about best of both worlds!!! (no pressies for us on xmas day though, as we opened them the previous night!)

i plan to make xmas the same magical experience for my kids too!! starting from next year when bump will be about 10 months old!
aaaw, just thinking about xmas makes me excited!!! sorry if i've raved on a bit!!!!

hi Petchy

We used to open pressies on Christmas Eve when i was small as well. My nan is from Prague and that was her tradition, and then on Christmas Day i had my stocking from santa, definately the best of both worlds.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back