Just cant decide on a name HELP

hugsy

Reaction score
well as it says on the tin, we just cant decide on any a name for our girl,

the list is pretty much the same as it has been for monthsand going off them all by the day

any addition to it be great :)

Raina
Kayla
Carly
Shea
Erin
Lauren
Danielle
Nicole
Robyn
Alex

At the minute Kayla is my fav but dont like the idea of being Kay for short, so any ideas of a nickname for Kayla be great too

No idea on nickname but love the name kayla, def my fave from your list :) xx

thanks hun we both love it but just worry about people calling her kay which we both detest, although i know a lot of it will come down to what we call her and what she decided to be called her self when shes older

Names are soooo hard

I like Lauren the best from your list. I've looked after a few Lauren's over the years and they've all been lovely pretty little things! :) x

I like them all, Lauren is probably my favourite and Shea my least favourite, I'm not sure on any other way of shortening kayla other than Kay which I'm not really a fan of x

thanks girls

its hard Shea was one of my fav ones but brother in law is shane and shay for short so be odd to give her the same same as him , but then oh has a boy cousin called alex but not ruling that out so i dunnoahhh pulling my hair out

if oh didnt have a say i love carrie but he hates it

You have to go with what you and oh think best, everyone has different opinions, when I think of Shea, I think of Shea butter!

I love Carly but then I'm biased!!!

Love Kayla too, but can't think of any shortenings. We liked Arthur but hated the shortenings so we crossed it off the list!

You have to go with what you and oh think best, everyone has different opinions, when I think of Shea, I think of Shea butter!

lol yeahcan see how ud get that, it is actually pronounced shay though

we rued out a good ver irish names cos of the difficulties she might have living here and people not getting how to pronounce her name

I love Carly but then I'm biased!!!

Love Kayla too, but can't think of any shortenings. We liked Arthur but hated the shortenings so we crossed it off the list!

haha yeah there our top 2 with lauren a close 3rd at the mo

oh no thought u had settled on Arthur in the end? so what u going with now?

What about Sharnie ? (again not sure if that's spelt correctly)

My friends grown up daughter is called Kayla, her actual full name is Michalea (not sure on spelling of that)
So has always been shortened to Kayla, and never made it down to Kay because already shortened.

I love Robyn, it was my second childs girls name , but didn't use it myself as I had a boy! So he's Toby Robin ,(so we did use it!).

What about Rowan for a girl ? Or Bronte or Bronwen, or Dante? or Darcy, or Steffi or Merrick ?

Sorry some of my choices are more unusual

Last edited:
What about Sharnie ? (again not sure if that's spelt correctly)

My friends grown up daughter is called Kayla, her actual full name is Michalea (not sure on spelling of that)
So has always been shortened to Kayla, and never made it down to Kay because already shortened.

I love Robyn, it was my second childs girls name , but didn't use it myself as I had a boy! So he's Toby Robin ,(so we did use it!).

What about Rowan for a girl ? Or Bronte or Bronwen, or Dante? or Darcy, or Steffi or Merrick ?

Sorry some of my choices are more unusual

oh thats good to hear that kayla worked well as it is :) Robyn didnt go as well with our surname Byrne so thats the main reason itsgone down the liststill love it though

I loved Rowan but OH hated it n wouldnt let it go on ist n we also had Darcy on it for a while too but went off it a bit
:)

We have gone back to Henry. I thought sod the Hoover, I love the name! Lol!

I like erin best out of ur choices. What about eliza ? or hallie ?

We have gone back to Henry. I thought sod the Hoover, I love the name! Lol!

oh yeah ido remember u saying that doh baby brain,

The more i say it the more i think Kayla is the one, think il start using that instead of her in posts just to test it out and get a proper feel for it :-0

I love the name Danielle (elle for a nick), 2nd choice alex (lexi), Erin is also a lovely name. I think it means peace:)

I love the name Danielle (elle for a nick), 2nd choice alex (lexi), Erin is also a lovely name. I think it means peace:)

Thanks for that hun we were goin with Danni for short with Danielle never thought of elle thats so cute

Love Erin too, It means Irish, it was my fave namefor years but friend used it for her little girl so feel weird using it now,

How about Carla (similar to Kayla & cannot be shortened to Cah?) xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back