Just cannot poop

Linzie2012

Reaction score
It's getting beyond now.

I'm eating fibre filled cereal, drinking lots of water & nothing is moving - not even a sensation to go. Think my body has forgotten what to do.

I bought lactulose last month & used it 3 times but it puts me in terrible pain. I only had aTea spoon last week and i was on the loo cramping, & horredenus pain ( I thought I was in labour) whilst going I was being sick in the sink next to me ( what I brought up I thought was poop & a lot of it)

I read prune juice & coffee is a natural laxative but I hate both :-(

What can I do !? It's too uncomfortable & day to day is becoming a struggle.

Last edited:
Oh linzie, thats awful. Whats your diet like is it very healthy and lower in fat? When i got really desperate id eat veru cheesy pizza or macdonalds cheeseburgers then the next day my bowels were great again, the high fat content really helps me!

If no joy fo go to docs you cant be bunged up so much your throwing up at the same time xx

Last edited:
Hubby just treated me to a dominos, but now I feel really stodgy. Think I've made it worse for myself.

Will try some warm water throughout the night

I had been a bit bunged up, with really bad trapped wind, and I had a curry last night - thought it would either kill or cure me. Well it cured, went about twice today (sorry for tmi). Might be worth a try, but it is a risky strategy! x

Last edited:
You poor thing, ive just eaten a tin of prunes to see if it helps me bleurgh!!
I find a mcdonalds works aswell or other greasy food, hope you get something that helps x

I feel ur pain. I was sitting on the toilet for an hour on the weekend. I was almost in tears! Had a midwife appointment today and I mentioned it. She said to eat prunes. Have lots of fruit and veggies and drink loads of water. She said when you get the urge u should just go instead if holding it it. (What I normally do if I'm not at home) because holding it in will make it worse too.

Oh the joys!!!

Nothing yet :-( hoping this cuppa tea will help soon.

Got my 20 week scan tomorrow & wanted to empty for sure beforehand. Didn't want full bladder & bowel, how uncomfortable that will be :-(

When i was in a real pickle with this a few weeks ago, i got some glycerin suppositories. That did the trick!
BTW, I've found the constipation and headaches much much better in the last week to 10 days or so, so hopefully things should naturally ease a bit for you.

Hope 20 week scan goes well. x

Yes I hope so too. I had a awful 2 weeks in Tri 1 & when that was over thought I was done with it.

So just need to get over it in Tri 2 :D

TMI - Slightly went !! - feel like celebrating lol

How are things tonight linzie? Did your dominos do the trick?

Oh just seen you had a small celebration poo! Ha yayyy

Currently sat on loo straining. I literally feel your pain. Tmi but what a nightmare. It's my own fault don't think I've had enough fluid or fruit these last few days :(

I know ! I'm up earlier than normal so I'm able to go before my scan in 2 hours! Nothing happening. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back