Just bought my first nappies :-D

bethanyann

Reaction score
Itti Bitti SIO in yellow and red and AIO in turquoise and like a tiger, SO excited for them to arrive!!!

Planning on buying about £50 worth every fortnight until we have enough.

I know a lot of people reccomend pre-loved but as we've planning on having lots of kids eventually, we decided to buy new so they last us as long as possible.

So...how and when should I wash them?!

There is still 23 weeks before bub is due to arrive, so shall I just wash them nearer the time??

xx

The only real draw back with buying new is that they need a lot of pre washing (approx 8 times to get up to full absorbency) BUT you have lots of time!! :lol:

With the Itti SIOs you can save pre washing by soaking the tri fold and the hour glass inserts :) Get them all in a bucket of cold water for 24hrs then wash as normal with the shells. NEVER soak the shells :)

Thanks Merv's Mum!! Are you suposed to use bio or non-bio powder? I've read somewhere that you're suposed to use one and not the other, but can't remember which way round, opps!! x

You can try a free sample of soap nuts here>>>>>http://www.inasoapnutshell.com/id20.html

They are natural and gentle and also wont leave a detergent 'build up' in your nappies that causes them to be less absorbent over time :) Nappies washed in soap nuts wont need 'stripping' either. (Stripping is hot washing and repeated rinsing until totally free of soap suds)

MM how cool are THEY!! have ordered my free sample and hope they do well because they sound great!

We wash everything with them now! They make man made fabrics like acrylic soooo soft!

Oh wow, that sounds really good! I'll def order some, thank you! x

do you use essencial oils with them? i have been thinking it would be lovely to have a choice on what the clothes smell like - plus in the summer we can use teatree and neem which will keep insects off us and in winter geranium and lavendar for warmth
am excited by it :) :)

Just HOPE they work well xx

I use geranium and lavender. I think I'll try some others too - I like the idea of orange/mandarin :)

Last edited:
mmm that would be nice - and Ylang Ylang for the pillows

mmmmmm yummy

plus the composter will be happy :D

Okay I've got another question (sorry!) my itti's arrived this morning :-D :-D but I've just suddenly worried incase I won't be able to wash them all together as the colours are all so different. Do you have to seperate them or can you bung them all in together? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back