Just been laid off work :(

BlondeP

Reaction score
Just been laid off! So emotional right now as we were worried financially about baby as it was.... Can't anyone offer me any advice, I am selfemployed as I run my own dance classes - not enough to live off but still self employed from it. As I pay my NI etc would I be entitled to statutory mat pay? If I look for another employed job now then I don't I will get maternity off them as il be close to the cut off !

Devastated as I love my job

💔💔💔

If you have worked for them for more than 26 weeks you should still qualify for maternity allowance (which is still 90% of your earnings same as SMP)

I'm not sure about all the ins & outs but if you speak to someone at the Citizens Advice Bureau or at the Job Centre they should know x

Last edited:
You don't get SMA if you're self employed. But I think you get maternity allowance. Have a look on the gov website. I found this as well;

http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/shop...ternity-pay-tips-for-self-employed-mums-to-be

Also depending on how much you and your partner earn you may be entitled to working/child tax credit. You also get £20 a week child benefit.

You could go on the entitled to webpage and put all your details in and it will tell you what you can get.

Good luck xx

Oh no BlondeP, did they give a good reason? Sorry to hear that, but try not to panic as things always have a way of working themselves out.

I second the advice on calling citizen's advice bureau as they'll be able to give you the best advice on the situation. Don't delay, as you'll only stress about it. xxx

Apparently they can't afford to keep me on - it's a small family business. I was expecting a cut in days but not a full swipe!!! Il call them today. Thanks girls xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back