Just back from the docs

purplepebbles

Reaction score
He's sending me for day 21 bloods and to also check my thyroid as I mentioned my struggle with weight loss since being off the pill and rubella. OH has got to give a sperm sample. Forgot to ask him how long it takes for a sperm sample to get the results from, does anyone know? He also said that it's best to do a sample in the morning but the clinic is only open 9-4 and OH works 8-5! Would it matter if it was done say at lunchtime? Trying to convince him to do it today as we're both off work and could take it up the hosp within the time frame!

Relieved that he didn't tell us to keep trying!

Yay thats all good - sperm samples results usually about a week. oh did hid first thing in morning as was told that would be best. so cant help on that one. hopefully you get some answers soon!xxx

My dh was told first thing in morning is best but the place he went to was only open until about 10am. He told his work he had a hospital appointment so he could get some time off for it. He didn't tell them exactly what it was for, maybe your oh could try that approach if need be x

We've just taken a sample up the hospital as we're both off work and it made sense. OH would've had to have gone up there on his own otherwise and he gets in a muddle sometimes lol he can't even say phlabotomy so God knows how he would've asked for where it was! Xx

My OH was able to get the results the same afternoon, he gave sample about 9am and we called for them about 3pm. X

BabyDust *****

Good Luck with everything ladies.

My husband is due his sa but they've changed the procedure in our area for how's it's done and his appointment to provide a sample is in 8 weeks time..... totally ridiculous!! I'm fuming!

xx

Good Luck with everything ladies.

My husband is due his sa but they've changed the procedure in our area for how's it's done and his appointment to provide a sample is in 8 weeks time..... totally ridiculous!! I'm fuming!

xx

Hey hon that sounds similar to ours as we went for the first appointment had bloods etc but then you have to wait 8 weeks for bloods to come back before sample is given x

I still have to wait to drop my BmI before I can get the hsg also x

It's crazy all the waiting isn't it x

BabyDust *****

I find it so frustrating that these things take so long.
My doc says he won't do anything else until we've been ttc for 3 years - ridiculous!!
It took me long enought to get my hubby to go to docs in first place and now we gotta wait til 2nd Sept - nightmare!

But, it's all one step closer to achieve my dream if being a Mummy .... really never thought it'll be this hard.

Babydust to all xx

My doc says he won't do anything else until we've been ttc for 3 years - ridiculous!!
It took me long enought to get my hubby to go to docs in first place and now we gotta wait til 2nd Sept - nightmare!

But, it's all one step closer to achieve my dream if being a Mummy .... really never thought it'll be this hard.

Babydust to all xx

How long have you been trying already ? R u under 30? X

BabyDust *****

Babydust to all xx

BabyDust *****

I'm on my 17th cycle and I'm nearly 34 and hubby nearly 38 both ttc first child.
Currently 10dpo/11dpo and bfn this morning :(
Trying to think positive though xx

Babydust to all xx

BabyDust *****

I'm on my 17th cycle and I'm nearly 34 and hubby nearly 38 both ttc first child.

I wouldn't be happy with being told 3 years! I'd go back and see a different doctor, as the website states 6 months for couples mid 30's onwards xx

Babydust to all xx

BabyDust *****

I wouldn't be happy with being told 3 years! I'd go back and see a different doctor, as the website states 6 months for couples mid 30's onwards xx

I know... it's mad.
Think we're just going to carry on until we have the appointment for the sa and then make a decision from there.

Really appreciate your replies ladies, it's nice to have people to talk to xx

Babydust to all xx

BabyDust *****

That's rubbish Hun !

Our dr said as we were both over 30 and trying for our first that a year you can be referred and he did straight away !

Can you get a second opinion?

I would go back Hun x x

BabyDust *****

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27