Just a tip for poas addicts..

Slb24

Reaction score
Since I started spotting at about 4 1/2 weeks I've been testing every couple of days. On Saturday I noticed that my tests were looking fainter (control now darker than test line. I panicked after Friday's scan because I didn't see a fetal pole but then I remembered about the hook effect!

So I went out today to home bargains and bought a few more tests. I've previously read on Google that if you dilute your urine with water you should get strong lines again. So I experimented with it.

It's safe to say that the hook effect is very real! So if you're daft like me don't POAS and panic yourself! Lol

These are the tests.. The top tests are fmu without diluting. The bottom tests are after they have been diluted! It's safe to say that my hcg levels must be quite high :) xx
53f713ed96b84a8fa351e8db65d0f087.jpg

I won't be testing again now! Lol I always thought the hook effect happened after 9 weeks but obviously not xx

8bef0e50ca71e6e22c09f45bda3bc070.jpg

Thee too 2 were fmu. The bottom 2 were taken after I diluted it. Xx

I stopped after using my digis.

I had already been testing since 9dpo! Id have spent a fortune :lol:

Good find though.

xxxx

I'm neurotic! Lol because of the 3 losses it's made me paranoid. Testing was making me feel a bit better until recently! Lol

I am defo stepping away from them now lol I have my other scan on Friday so I should know more then though. So hopefully I will see a beautiful heartbeat and relax! Lol xx

I understand that tbh.

First time pregnant for me I was total unaware or unphased by all that. I often thought why test daiy? I did one cheapie last time and that was me. However this time - I had an IB so tested early then spent about a week convincing myself Id had a chemical, so Id turned into one of those ladies peeing on 3 sticks a day comparing lines.

Your perspective totally changes after a loss.

xxxx

I have heard of the hook effect but no idea it could happen so early. Are you sure its not twins? :)

I havent taken a test in a few days. I think I'm going to try later out of interest. I'm 6+3 too.

Last edited:
Russellmuscle.. I was the same with my daughter. I took 5 tests within 2 days (simply because I wasn't trying and was so shocked I didn't believe it lol) then stopped testing and did all the things your not meant to. Like buy clothes etc before my 12 week scan. I had the pram in the house.

This time I've been a nervous wreck! It really does change. I never imagined it was this hard to get pregnant and stay pregnant as I was very lucky with my daughter. I was naive.

Bunny.. I've never heard of it happen so early either, that's why I thought I was safe testing. Obviously not! Lol

I've said twins right from the beginning. I don't know why lol I'm probably wrong!
When I had my scan on Friday they saw one yolk sac and maybe a fetal pole/something else. She thinks the baby had implanted deep into my pelvis so she couldn't see part of the gestational sac even with the internal. So unless there was another yolk sac hiding there or I'm in for those really rare twins (momo I believe can sometimes come from 1 sac) then twins is out. I should find out more on Friday.

I think I just have quite high hcg levels. I should have been 6 weeks last Friday so they should have seen more than a yolk sac. So I think they will put me back a few days. But I got my BFP 4 days early (based on a 28 day cycle) so if they put me back any then I must have had a super super early BFP.

Only time will tell though. I would love twins but it would be hard work with a 2 year old! Plus my family would kill me if I had twins that close to Xmas! Haha xx

Bunny let me know if you test. I'm curious lol xx

I will. I am just laying down tring to get my stomach to settle at the moment but will try it when I get up. I think I have the same test strips as you too.

Last edited:
Okay :) hope you feel better soon! Xx

Did you test bunny? I forgot to ask x

Did you test bunny? I forgot to ask x

Yes I did. The funny thing is the one with the water and the undiluted one looked about the same. I didnt take pics but I'd say they were somewhere between the darkness of your two tests.

Oh really? How much water did u add?

Are yours like my diluted ones? Or the fainter ones? Xx

I did about 50% water. Mine looked just slightly darker than your one withno water I would say but not as dark as your diluted ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back