just a question

melhoney

Reaction score
to those of you who are at about the same stage as me (25 weeks)

I have been having some pains in the lower part of my tummy, and actually something a little bit bizarre and difficult to explain: like tightening of my vagina, it comes and goes, and just 10 minutes ago, I have had strong period pains and that feeling again in my vagina.
Also, when I feel the kickis of my little girl, it's always very low, very very low.
so my question is simple: do any of you feel/have felt the same, or feel the kicks so low as well, or do you think I should call my midwife, or go to A&E?
it always seems to get worse at night!!!! :twisted: have tried to remain calm and take it as "one of those things", because this is the way my midwife is, but I am starting to get a little worried!

Hope someone can help me!!!!
Thanks,

mel xx

Thanks for that!

I think I better call my midwife tomorrow, because I have quite a few symptoms on the list they give on the website:

• Abdominal pain, menstrual-like cramping,

• An increase in vaginal discharge

• Increased pelvic pressure (a feeling that baby's pushing down).

• Low back pain.

so, I think I better do something about it.
Really, really, thanks for that! I looked for different things but not braxton hicks!!!!

take care,
Mel xx

Yea sounds like braxton hicks to me too....i havnt experienced them yet but you can from around 23 weeks, my little man also kicks very low.....and high.....and to the left....and to...........................................................well lets just say everywhere!
Lol you cant beat it though!

Glad to help Honey just hope i havent worried you, let me know how you get on! :D

I have most of the syptoms on my list as normal pregnancy quibbles!!! LOL, i am glad the time is flying by!

From about 25 weeks I got pain up by my cervix/in my vagina as the baby had decided to put his head down in my pelvis and kept pushing down and pushing down and it gave me very sharp pains and lots of pressure.

Let us know how you got on if you rang the midwife today xx

hi girls!

Yeah, I called my midwife this morning, because tension was still quite bad and pains quite sharp, and she said to take an appointment with my gp, as it could be urine infection. I managed to get one at 4:40, which was just fine as it takes us 1 hour to get back from work. During the day, while I was teaching, I nearly fainted...don't know what happened to me, just got really weak, and hot, and could feel my heart all over my body!!! was frightening. had a break right after so took some time to put my feet up and relax, and since then, I have fine ok.
Saw the GP tonight, not my usual one, but he was really nice.
There is NO urine infection at first sight, but he asked for another urine sample to send off tomorrow, checked baby's heartbeat, and she is fine, she even kicked when he was checking my tummy :lol: He wrote "very tender" in my antenatal notes, but nothing special.

Basically he does not think it's early labour or anything to worry about, just one of those things you can expect in pregnancy!... But sends another sample to be on the safe side!
He took my blood pressure, and I was 100/52, which is quite low and might explain how I felt this afternoon, but he said it's fine! never been that low though, but it's probably better low than too high! :D

So, i am back home just doing nothing really...might take a day off tomorrow if I don't feel up to it, because I don't fancy collapsing in front of my students! :?

Thanks for your support anyway,...I will update you when I get the urine test results, or if anything happens in the meantime. hope not, of course!

my husband tells me i worry too much, and that I kind of need to see a doctor every 2 weeks just to know everything is fine!!!! :shock:
I know how I feel, and I know it doesn't feel right! having said that, I agree that it's always nice to hear little one's heartbeat! :wink:

I feel a little bit reassured, at least baby seems alright.

Take care, and hugs to all
mel xx

Dont worry about your blood pressure mine is always around 100/55 preggers or not and yes it can make you feel faint but like u said its better low than high.
Glad all is well hun
xxxxxxxx

it's never ending, is it???
I have now got muscles trapped in my ribbs!!! :roll:
Been to the GP AGAIN this morning (I took a day off work, as I did not sleep much and the rib pain got worse) and he said that it is probably mucle pain, but that it can be very painful (og really!! :? ) and that I should take 2 days off at least, as there is not much to do but rest.

He gave me a prescription of co-codamol, but the pharmacist did not give it to me: she said it is better to avoid as it can create breathing problems to baby!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
So I called my GP back, and he said yes in big quantity and closer to the end of the pregnancy, but not now, to the dose he prescribed! argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why does it have to be like this????? I just want my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry to rant again! I know I am far from being the only one...does not make me feel better though!
Anyway, I'll be home tomorrow! That's not too bad!

mel xx

I got told this about co-codomol as I have been taking ALOT to get me through my crap Braxton Hicks/contractions over the past few weeks. Paracetomol can also cause breathing problems in children after birth but only if mums take it regularly in the late 2nd and through 3rd trimester. At least once a day is what they consider often. They don't tell you that though! There are a lot of scare stories out there and you have to weigh up the benefits and risks of painkillers in pregnancy.

At the end of the day - your doctor would not give you something to hurt your baby intentionally - and you are in that much pain then co-codomol sounds the best and safest thing for you. Are you on 8/500mg of co-codomol? That's a pretty safe low dose Whilst in hospital I was on 30/500 :shock: It work's though!!!

Did he mention anything about your ligaments stretching in your ribs? I have bad rib pain on and off and it's due to everything being a bit softer and tender and because baby needs more room. So much so that I can't lay on my left side at all anymore.

Hope your rib pain feels better soon and you can get back to teaching.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back