Just a little question? Looking for reassurance! xx

K X

Reaction score
Lately my little bump has quietened down and isn't kicking as much. My mum said that as buba's get bigger they make less movements/kicks as there is less space to move around. Is this true?

All I am feeling is an immense pressure down below, like she is going to fall out! I wish more like! X

I have had the same this week.

Baby moved loads before and has now really quietned down, im hoping its what your mum said, that there is less room to move/kick etc.
if i walk to far he feels like he is going to fall out, i end up walking around holding my bump up lol.

got a midwife apointment on thursday so i will be asking her then

xx

Over the last few days baby seems to have slowed down and I was starting to worry but I have just got home from the midwife where the baby seemed to be on drugs dancing and jumping around....just to make me look an idiot!!! The midwife said that as long as you can count 10 kicks in 12 hours things are ok and not to worry. The other thing is I think I am getting used to having the kicks and therefore not always making a mental note of them as they are kind of every day things if you know what I mean???? Contact your midwife if your not happy thats what they are there for.

It's right about there being less room.
Also if you have a cold sugary drink and sit down quietly for a while you should get some kicks to reassure you.

:)

Its quite normal for baby to quieten down a bit in the weeks leading up to labour, just make sure it's still moving around every so often.

Well i dont have this problem I have quieter days than others but generally it has non stop wiggles dont get kicked so much anymore but when it does it bloody hurts, little bugger as long as you feel 10 movements a day I have been advised by MW that is ok otherwise I need to contact the mat unit

My baby responds dramatically to loud noises, such as the clattering of washing up or using a blender or being in the supermarket.

So when he decides to stop moving around all I have to do is clatter about and he does a whole body jiggle. Quite uncomfortable but very reassuring!

Same, my little one was very busy moving around most of the time, then movements and kicking seemed to get much much softer. Now today... whole different story....

I sware my little one was busy building something in there today, non-stop movement and big kicks all day long, only just slowing down the past hour or so...

I am trying to make the most of these exciting baby touches because I am sure that before I know it the baby will be here... I will miss these movements!!!!!

Tineke

All Damien seems to do is shiver and hiccup now and occasionally push his feet up by my ribs on the right hand side.

my little one reacts to Joshua's (my 3 year old) voice. even when baby has been quiet for a while, he soon starts kicking when the baby hears him.

x

hello there,

I can understand you would feel concerned about the baby not kicking as much, but its true....baby has less room to move, making it harder for baby to move around as freely. lm no expert, and l would be worried but sure things are fine.

Yeah, speak to your midwife if you are concerned (it is their job to be there for you). l've also read that you could do a kick chart to monitor baby's movements throughout the day. if you find some books lt may help you.

Hope l have been of some help,

Fluffy. xx :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back