Jumps a lot in sleep?

Dax

Reaction score
You know when you start drifting off to sleep then you jerk because you feel like you're falling?
Well she always does this when she's waking up - like throws her arms out multiple times as she's waking as though she thinks shes falling. Just wondering if any other babas do this? Happens quite often!

My lo did for a very short space of time when she was falling asleep, my husband on the other hand does it alot! Scares the hell out of me!

I remember B doing this a lot as a baby. It was so funny and other times it would just scare the shit out of me!

Ethan did it all the time when he was younger! Still does it now occasionally xx

Yep, JJ does this alot too...perfectly natural and it's called moro reflex :) xx

Like, startles? Arms and legs fly out, hands open?

Yep. They grow out of it.
Cay at six months will still do it on the very odd occasion.
It's that ingrained animal survival instinct.

I used to think he looked so cute doing it :) it did make me jump sometimes though.

If you google Moro reflex, there's loads of info about it xx

Aw thanks ladies! I'll get googling :)
Feel bad for her but its so cute and funny sometimes! X

Lol it's not so funny when your 33 year old husband does it just as your drifting off to sleep! ;)

Hahahaha! I can imagine, as if we're not sleep deprived enough ;)

Just a word of warning, if you didn't find out in Tri 3...

Always ask here first, and only google once someone tells you it's safe.
Otherwise DD will have about 50 different life-threatening illnesses before you hit enter. Xx

LOL thanks for the tip! Always wary of google and it's morbid diagnoses!! X

Trey does this, he looks so cute but I feel bad for him as I get it and it scares me as a grown up lôl!

Xxxxxx

I used to laugh my head off when my son did it! His arms would fly up and then stay there for about an hour! When he was in the moses basket he'd wake himself up by hitting the sides with his arms and he would actually rock his own basket doing it sometimes! That's when we knew it was time to move him into his cot!!

My little guy is 8 days old & still does this occasionally but for the first few days he did it constantly!

Its quite scary to watch, especially when he did it like 6 times in a row & then wake up all upset!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oskar will do this if you stroke his feet or he hears the dogs bark! So cute and so funny!!

xxxxx

Aaron just to do this a lot when he was younger! Does it occasionally now.

I do it everynight :rotfl:

As for Google - Aaron has had so many things to google now, that I always get someone else to google and send me vetted links to safe/reliable info!

She's been practising the reflex a lot today ;) I can't help but laugh at the shocked face when she wakes up and does it hahaha!

I used to do it all the time in pregnancy Tweetyfoo haha don't know how babies handle it!!

Ryan is 4 weeks now and still does it, I always wonder what hes dreaming of. My brother is 36 and still does it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back