July & August 16 Babies

Phoenix85

Reaction score
Well there's a thread for the May & June mummies but I feel a bit bad posting in there with my baby being born on her due date, so thought I'd start one for us July (& August) mummies!

I'll use this post to add details

26th June

Elf's mummy - Charlie

4th July

Firstbabywhite - Eden

5th July

Phoenix85 - Phoenix

MelC2011 - Dylan

Last edited:
Well my gorgeous baby was born right on her due date, and really quick labour.
Only weighed 6lb 4oz! Can't believe it.
She's tiny too, everything is huge on her lol.

BFing is going well, still a bit painful, but getting better. Plenty of wet & pooey nappies though so it's fine, also she doesn't seem to have lost anything. I weighed her on my scales two days ago (clothed) and she was 6lb 6oz (one or two ounce sounds about right for the weight of the nappy & clothes), and today she was 6lb 7! However her birth weight was recorded with my hand held scales so might weigh her that way again later and see if there's a difference.

My kids went to their dad's this aft and come back tomorrow which has been good as it's meant I've been able to focus on Phoenix a bit more.

Oh and does anyone else feel like they need an organiser now to keep up with appointments? I have so many things going on next week and the week after I'm finding it hard to remember everything. Going to have to write it down (or rather, think I'll type it on the computer) and save it so I don't forget who's coming when.

Attachments

• 029b.jpg
    029b.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 59
  • 027b.jpg
    027b.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 042b.jpg
    042b.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
She's beautiful Charlie was technically a July baby but he came a bit early on the 26th so I'll jump to both if that's ok ? Phoenix is beautiful so tiny. I can't believe Charlie is almost two weeks old and he's not due until Monday !

Aw congratulations Phoenix, she's beautiful!

Did you get the home birth you'd been wanting?

Thank you.

Yeah, started getting contractions at 10.39am but far apart, around 3pm to half 3 they were 12 mins apart, by 4pm they were 4 mins apart, got my bed ready, climbed on, had 3 contractions and the urge to push, waters went, a few pushes later at 4.32 her head was out and at 4.33pm the rest of her followed.
Called labour ward at about 5pm and was put through to the community midwife who arrived about half 5 lol.
Was perfect.
Ended up cutting her cord around quarter to 6 cos it was so short.

She's so beautiful!
Can't wait to join this thread with my own birth story and baby!

Great idea:

Eden Isla Jeffrey born 04/07/16 weighing 8lb 10oz which is huge compared to my other babies.

My birth story is quite short:

Was due to be induced on my due date 5th July but I wanted to bet it so had 2 sweeps, one did nothing and the second made me lose plug and have a show but still no contractions. Saturday 2nd July I was out at my nans 80th birthday and started having contractions every 10 minutes, we went home and I had a gush of fluids. I ignored it thinking it was dis agree and went to bed, contractions carried on through the night but infrequently and by morning had gone.

We got on with the day and in tesco I had a second gush so went into the day into and it was confirmed as waters and told to com back For induction at 9pm. Got ready and drove to hospital, on the way I started getting contractions. I arrived at induction bay and was told I would be monitored for 30 minutes then examined to decid the course of action/ in that half hours the rest of my waters went and contractions came thick and fast. I was examined at 4cm and sent to labour ward.

Once there I was told I needed to be monitored and given antibiotics for a prolonged rupture so no water birth! I set the bed in a half sitting half standing position and used gas and air, the contractions were intense and on top of each other so was given a half dose of pethidine to calm me down.

Around 1am I had the urge to push and Eden arrived at 1.34am, midwife wasn't prepared and thought I would be pushing for a while so didn't have her gloves ready when Eden delivered.

Eden has tongue tie so feeding is hard but other than that she has been so chilled and relaxed.

We are in hospital at the minute as she has an infected umbilical cord so is on Iv antibiotics which is horrible

Oh no! Sorry about that... is her cord stump still on or is it in her belly button?

Poor baby, hope she's better soon.

Morning lovelies ... Dylan James was born on 05/07/16 at 22:10 weighing 6lb12.

He's doing fab and I'm breastfeeding but the hardest thing of all is the lack of sleep as he wont settle in his Moses basket at all. Seems to only like sleeping on Mummy or Daddy which is starting to take its toll :(

Planning on expressing later so Hubby can at least give an overnight feed xx

I'm back in hospital with Charlie who's had some blue episodes xx

He's fine in himself I've just had a very horrible paediatrician come round and tell me that I'm getting stressed and they'll discuss in the morning. I'm trying to feed a baby it's 1 am and I've not slept of course I'm stressed at home we co sleep and Charlie sleeps brilliantly here were not allowed and he's struggling to settle what do they expect you don't need to be rude to me !

Oh no! Sorry about that... is her cord stump still on or is it in her belly button?

Poor baby, hope she's better soon.

We are home now and her chord has now fell off, she is on oral antibiotics now which we have found difficult to administer but we are all better and that's what matters x

Can you add me to the front page please ... my details are on post 10!

We've had a tricky start as spent 2 nights in special care. We're home now and doing better.

Have midwife tomorrow and hoping for an increase in weight gain as so far each time Dylan has been weighed he's been loosing. We keep getting our appointments cancelled which is not helping! xx

Sorry, Mel, have done it now :)

Aww, hope Dylan starts gaining soon.

Phoenix has only been weighed twice (officially), once at birth and again on day 6, but she had only lost 3oz. My midwife is supposed to be coming tomorrow so will probably weigh her again then but I've been weighing her on my scales and fully clothed she's 6lb 9oz so should be at least back to birth weight (6lb 4oz) naked.

Try to have lots of skin to skin and cuddles and feed as much as you can. Good luck! xx

Looks like the babies are doing well :) Charlie and I were officially discharged today and his discharge weight was 8lbs 1 oz so he's almost put on a whole lb ! She witnessed him role and hold his head up and commented on how well he's doing. I've got one more week of Maisie at school then I've got the both of them on my own for six weeks which will be fun xx

Just noticed this thread - how is everyone doing? I found the first week really hard but things are much better. Finally got the hang of breastfeeding (didn't expect it to be that hard initially) - my boy had put in a whole lb in 2 weeks being exclusively bf so hv really happy with him. He's still feeding a lot. I presume he had a growth spurt y'day as fed most of the day! Hopefully today I can get out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back