Juice? ..... help

emma1976

Reaction score
Jayden doesn't drink much water, the only water she will have is if it has sugar in it which I know I shouldn't do. She hasn't been drinking much water the past few days so I bought a Avent cup with a spout as I know it's bad to give them it through a bottle. I even tried to just add some juice to water to see if she will drink that but she won't. I don't know if this is a good idea or what I am supposed to do really.........help! I don't like it when she doesn't have anything to drink. I know that she will drink it if she is thirsty but she hasn't been thirsty for days????

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xxx

Damien never has water aswell as his milk - didn;t think they needed it as mosty of the formula is made up with water too? As far as I knew juice is reccomended from 6 months when they are on proper solids and need the water to help balance everything out.

The juice is from 4 months and the cup with a spout is from 3 months so I presume it is OK. With formula i heard it was better to give them water as well but you don't have to with breast milk. It's all confusing.

Yeah with formula it's best to offer water too, but they still might not take it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it Emma.
If anything I would buy some of the baby juice, dilute it right down and offer that or nothing. If you let her be a fussy drinker she might turn into a fussy eater too and you don't want that!

Thanks Urchin, you're a star. Will try it again tomorrow :D

I was adviced NOT to use baby juice as it if full of sugar.
Best to use fresh juice and dilute it to 1 in 10.
There was a post around somewhere about baby juice.

Ewan is 7 months and doesn't like water and he has only just started to take juice though he is not keen.

Personally i wouldn't worry -
Try warming the water a little.

Why do they put these things on the market if we aren't supposed to use them. Seems a bit stupid xx

i know - its all marketing and looking like a good baby product!
the mv said that even thou it is advertised as 'diluted baby juice' it still is too strong - even some are more than 50% when it should be 10%

Hypnorm said:
i know - its all marketing and looking like a good baby product!
the mv said that even thou it is advertised as 'diluted baby juice' it still is too strong - even some are more than 50% when it should be 10%

yeah that's why I suggested watering it right down :?
One of the worse things for teeth is supposed to be those petit filous yoghurts because of the sugar and acidity levels. Always give a drink after...preferably water!

i've been givin ewan those! oh hang it lets stop feeding baby anything!!
Its silly verything that u have to be careful with!

I know! Mason is 4 and all the time I wonder which is best... a sugary cordial or the chemical (artificial sweetners) one!

I think as long as you take care of their teeth your're fine, we brush mason's all the time so I don't mind him having the sugar not the chemicals most of the time.

It's true though, you just can't win!

I gave jess fresh orange diluted and apple juice as well from an early age. She wouldnt entertain water and neither would she entertain those non spill cups. I got her a free flowing tommy tippee beaker and gave her sips to start with then she started doing it herself. Sure we had some wee spills but nothing that would stop me using it and now she uses it all the time without any spills.

Abi wont touch the juice either.

Is anyone else fed up of being told you cant give them this that or the other cos it's bad for them and you cant do this until they're this age i certainly am and i'm doing what i feel is right i think about what i used to have as a baby and both me and my brother are fine! i draw the line at stupid things like giving solids at 1 month and salt in the diet, but i just say do what feels right and you can't go far wrong. (Abi has been fine so far so cant be that bad :) )

Exactly.

It seems what was good for them 10 years ago is now bad for them :?

I think the best approach is to listen to any advice that is offered then make your own judgements

uRRRHHH, Im so sick of hearing from the hv whats bad for baby.
I must be a bad mum because,
I fed Jess solids at 3.5 months,
She had juice outta bottle a few times
She still gets 2 milk bottles a day
I had a baby walker
I didnt breastfeed (did try :oops: )
Didnt have her in my room, had her in her own room from day one

Anyway, at 22 months she sleeps all night, walks albeit didnt till 18 months but was outta the walker at 12 months, is happy, contented and eats relatively well. Oh she drinks outta beaker now and would rather have fruit than chocolate (but she can have chocolate sometimes)

So, where did I go wrong...........

I hink most HV's need to be told to p*ss off and mind their own until we actually need advice. Some of them are worse than a MIL! :shock:

why are baby walkers not good for babies? :?

Also, whenever I go to baby clinic, I see babies(8 months onwards) with HUGE bottles of reddish/pinkish drinks in it! They keep on drinking that, and I always wonder why! :shock: It looks like ribena, or something,and surely that can't be very good for them, can it? it looks very sweet!

mel xx

melhoney said:
why are baby walkers not good for babies? :?

They don't like them cos of their legs and giving them mobility before they're ready for it. Brody has one and has about 10 mins about twice a week. I think as long as you don't leave them in them for ages you're OK.

Also, whenever I go to baby clinic, I see babies(8 months onwards) with HUGE bottles of reddish/pinkish drinks in it! They keep on drinking that, and I always wonder why! :shock: It looks like ribena, or something,and surely that can't be very good for them, can it? it looks very sweet!

mel xx

I know what you mean....those red drinks look lke they're full of sugar! Especially if they're in a bottle they're just wrong!

Abi cant touch floor in her walker but she loves playing with the toys on there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back