Joseph Abraham - 30/10/2007 - Edited to add more indepth

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
I'd like to announce that my little angel arrived a few days early on the 30th oct 2007. Weighing 3.8 kilos, 100% healthy and looking for food, from the first second of his birth.

Recalling back, the day before (Sunday), this all happened, I was feeling very uncomfortable, irritated and constipated but that must have been the start of my contractions.

My contractions started on Monday, 29th Oct at 5am, cyp time (2hrs ahead of the uk).

y husband had taken the day off work, as we had only just moved that weekend. I remember going to the Water Authority to sort our mains out, on the way there I was feeling very uncomfortable and sick but thought nothing of it. Sitting in the office, I was starting to wriggle round on the chair to find a more, relaxing position, which wasn't working. My hubby and the guy at the water board kept asking if I was ok, my reply was 'yep' (if only I'd known lol). Going out of the office into the lift, my hubby asked again if I was ok, I'd gone pale white and was a bit dizzy.

Told him I was ok, just need to go home and rest, as I hadn't slept the majority of the night.

At home, my husband was getting ready to go into town, to sort a friend out, whilst I was laying on the sofa, pillows between my legs, behind my back, leg hitched up and crammed in the best way that I could. He didn't want to go but I tol him to, I want to be on my own for a bit.

1hr later, I gave up, called him to come home, I needed to go into hospital. So by 12pm, I was in the hospital.

The doc had then informed us I was 1cm dilated and gave us the option to either go home or stay in, either way, they wanted me back that night at 8pm, for a CTG on the baby. Returning home, I'd only lasted till 3pm, Eric had to take me back in, the pain was too much (btw I hate pain!).

I was examined and gone to 2.5 cm's by this time, so they put me on a ward. My husband had disappeared during some point in my exam, with my phone, so I couldn't call him. I was so scared, on my own. I walked round for an hour, before I found him. So he sat with me but the pain was getting worse. The doctor agreed to give me an ultra sound, the baby's back was facing mine and he wasn't budging! By 6pm, they examined me again and I'd gone to 3.5 cm's but in so much pain.

The hospital didn't have gas & air, they offered me a panadol, which I think I laughed at (didn't take it).

I was put in a room on my own and Eric was told to go home. I spent the whole night, majority on my own. The midwife came back once an hour for half an hour but my contractions were every 10 minutes. I was so uncomfortable and in pain. During my contractions, I couldn't sit, lay down on even stand, the midwife, found me at time keeled over in a corner of the room. Eventually, the only place I was comfortable sitting, was on the toilet, with the seat up, so I was there every 10 minutes lol

By 7am, I was examined but I'd jump up to the end of the bed, it really hurt, like someone was ripping me up inside, this is what scared me!

By 8amish, think it was actually 9am by this time, I was 5cm's dilated, waters hadn't gone, so they had to break my waters and it hurt! There was a problem with the baby's head moving down and they thought I'd have to have a C-section.

They called Eric half an hour before to let him know what was going on, he'd got down to the hospital by this time, he later told me I was screaming and howling blue murder when they were breaking my waters.

By 10am, I was 7cm's gone and still no movement, this is when a C-Section had been decided so they took me down to a delivery suit. However, I have the big urge to sh*t, to say the least! The midwife was saying that it was the position of the baby's head that was making me feel this. She made my hubby walk me up and down the corridors (apparently helps the dilation process speed up).

By 9cm's, I was begging to push, I had to, I was so tired and I really felt I couldn't go on, the pain was getting to much for me. Every one was screaming at me not to push but my body was saying another thing. So the midwives and the doctor set up for an emergency C-section. Once everything was set, the midwife examined me one more time, turned out I was fully dilated at 10cm's. The words I had been dying to hear...............you can push now!!! Like little drops of gold!

So I started to push, whilst my legs were being wacked up into holsters. The bed didn't move up, so every time I pushed, I had to pull my self up to the leg slings (good work out for the upper arms). Remember how I said I needed to poo................the doctor got it all in the face!

20 minutes later, Joseph Abraham was born, so this was 12:25pm! I was surprised, pushing the baby out didn't hurt, at all but the contractions did!

However, apparently Joseph had broken some kind of jelly around the bottom of my spin, this was leading to half of my pain.

Lets just say, my husband may have lost his life, if I could have moved quicker lol He was saying all the wrong things lol But we couldn't be happier!

Joseph2.jpg

p.s. I thought he'd be darker :oops: :shock: :shock:

he is yummy, beautiful colour skin!!! :D

congratulations hun, enjoy ur little man!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

awww hun gratz!!!!!

welcome to the world little man, Joseph is beautful hun u must be so happy xxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh wow... he's soooo sweet..

I remember the couple next to me asking why their baby was so light and they were told that all new born babies are a lighter shade of colour than their parents and will go darker over time with light exposure..

So you never know.. either way... He's absolutely gorgeous.. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Congratulations...

CONGRATUATIONS

Hes gorgeous jo! wow i cant believe you have had him - he looks alot like his daddy!

Hope your all getting on ok and your eating well and getting some sleep xxxxx

congratulations - beautiful looking baby :D

Congratulations. xxx
What a handsome wee chap. xxx

oooo he is beautiful!!! huge congratulations to you and your family hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back