Johnsons & Johnsons NOT SAFE!!!

I just think there would be a bigger media storm were this as terrible as it sounds. UK based

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

I saw this a few weeks ago and stopped using x

I just think there would be a bigger media storm were this as terrible as it sounds. UK based

Totally agree!! The article is an old one, from just after my LO was born and it didn't hit the news here at all!!!

Also some of the "science" in the blog leaves much to be desired - read some of the comments below it - even Burts Bees are no longer the 'natural' company they used to be!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Isn't it a blog written by one person? Not evidence / proven data? Would Defo be in the news if it affected us

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

I was thinking the same thing?? The media would have a field day with something like this surely?? xx

Regardless of whether its a UK based story or not or it affects their UK products, it's a really good point that Lynds has raised about checking the labels as some of us go on trust of the branded names thinking 'oh it must be safe or it wouldn't be on sale.

We all know that some HVs don't recommend J&J for babies skin due to the fragrances etc in them.

So thanks for posting x

I agree totally, we are talking about baby products??!!! There's no way they would be on sale and not a single big news broadcaster/paper wouldn't mention it (UK)

I am not into scare mongering but there are many things that happen within all industries that we do not have a clue about!
The products we use, the food we eat, are not always as they seem! They all come to light eventually and not necessarily as massive news stories. I used to raise pigs for (bear with me) meat on a small scale, that really opened my eyes! I am a true believer that you don't know what goes in to a product , any product, unless you have produced it yourself. So I have learnt to accept to not be surprised at what corporations do to make a buck!

http://www.johnsonandtoxin.com/products.shtml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2056027/Johnsons-baby-shampoo-Consumers-urged-boycott-cancer-risk-product-U-S-campaigners.html
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I agree with Merlin.

These products are manufactured by huge corporations, credibility of their products is key to their success. They have their own group of researchers to run studies and produce statistics on the effects of certain ingredients. Statistics can be manipulated in all kinds of way to suit whoever is trying to prove a point.
Research that surfaces countering the products credibility is instantly slammed by these companies and they'll go to a lot of effort to stop it being leaked to the press. At the end of the day all the press care about is money and how much they can make on a story or a payment of silence. They certainly don't have the nations health at heart.

That being said we should all be aware of the ingredients in the products we use on our babies. They all come with ingredients labels. When in doubt do your own research and draw your own conclusions as I'm sure there will be more products that will be scrutinised in the future. Flouride tooth paste, sugar free chewing gum, diet drinks, cling film (to name a few) have all been under discussion about containing carcinogenic ingredients yet they are still widely sold and consumed with no real fear.

I think it's good when these issues are highlighted as it makes us realise we need to make more of an effort to understand these ingredients and not blindly trust these pharmaceutical companies.

Well I haven't heard of it I don't use it as much as I used to but I will be extra careful with what I'm using on Ava now thanks to Lyndsey! X

Yes thanks for letting us know Hun so we can make our own minds up :) x

Ok...well I must admit, this has worried me slightly and I am considering throwing my J&J products now, just in case! If Burts Bee's products are also known to have problems, what is a range of products to use?? Has anyone heard of / used these companies before?

http://www.bebeco.co.uk/beaming-baby-436-c.asp

http://www.bebeco.co.uk/weleda-402-c.asp

Thank you xx

Hey Chezza,

I use Little Me Organics range. Hopefully, this is safe...
http://www.littlemebaby.co.uk/ingredients/
x

Thanks for sharing lynds! Im shocked at a certain posters rude, uncalled for response! No need for it! Xx

Lynds~thanks for sharing. I had heard this a few weeks ago and dumped all the j+j products. All this happened at the same time as Daisy Grace came out with a hellish rash. Took her to the chemist (bad job when I trust the pharmacy staff more than my crap gp surgery) and they said she looked like she haf some sort of mild chemical burn :( I felt awful when I realised id put Johnstones baby oil in her bath after the olatium got spilt. Only a little was enough to do that so its totally out in ny opinion. A few days of diprobase sorted her skin but its conpletley shocked me.awful stuff. And to think my mum used it on me all them years too.

So yeah- I totally agree with you. Its no good :( xx

tapatalking

This is really scary, I have been coating lo in baby oil after a bath (like the smell and it makes him all soft). Think I will switch to olive oil instead!

What about their wipes? Are they unsafe as well? x

tapatalking x

This is really scary, I have been coating lo in baby oil after a bath (like the smell and it makes him all soft). Think I will switch to olive oil instead!

What about their wipes? Are they unsafe as well? x

tapatalking x

I know. I felt awful. Ive no idea about the wipes. Not a fan of them. Although I do love the smell xxx

tapatalking

At one stage they were the only wipes that didn't give him nappy rash but I switched to Tesco unfragranced (due to cost) xxx

tapatalking x

Thanks for sharing lynds! Im shocked at a certain posters rude, uncalled for response! No need for it! Xx

thanks hun. I was a little taken aback I have to say! but meh.

Im glad i saw the article, and I am glad I shared it, and so are most of the other ladies on the forum. Maybe makes us more aware of what crap these companies are getting away with putting in our baby products!

just hope the new Boo Boo Baby stuff I have ordered is good! Will be scrutinising the ingredients thats for sure!

Yes Zach didnt agree with the top and tail stuff right from about 8 wks old (didnt use any until then) so have just been using a little shampoo. Maybe i shall look for something else. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back