Jet lag and AF?

broody2013

Reaction score
Hi girls, after over 2 months off I am popping back to ask a question. We are on holiday at the moment and I thought AF showed a few days early (CD30 this cycle normally around 33 days). I had mooncup in anyway because I know my AF messes me about and I am doing a lot of swimming, so Saturday morning my time there was a tiny streak of red/pink blood and CM, followed by another streak of reddish blood and CM that night, then brown this morning and just checked now and no bleeding at all, just CM??? Normally I am light the first day then heavy the next, I have never ever had this happen before and I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I thought we missed fertile period this cycle? BDd only on CD16, 17, 18 this month.

Is this due to the stress of flying? Anyone else experience this when travelling and have AF show up again later on?

Thanks in advance as I'm going mad here having no tests with me as we had completely given up to be honest and we're waiting for IVF referral in Feb.

Broody great to see you!!
I'm unsure if it can mess with your cycles, didn't wanna read and run though. On google there's a lot of things that say it does. But I really hope your not late and this is it for you! Good luck hun xx

Last edited:
Thanks Peanut! I will put it down to jet lag for now and will take a test Wednesday (4 days from first bleed) which I expect would show an accurate result if this is implantation bleeding. I'm not drinking anyway this holiday as a personal choice (too many calories!) but I refuse to change my diet and cut out ice cream etc until I am sure as I'm pretty sure it's jet lag related :( I will update either way. Lovely to see you too :) xxx

Hope you're having a lovely holiday and hope you have a little one on board xx

Thanks Lisey!! I'm trying not to guess what's happening and just see what happens :) we are having a fab time thanks it's so hot here! Xx

I should think it could delay your cycle because stress or illness can. What it would be delaying is ov though. If you were flying around the time of ov it could delay ov and then make af late but once you have ov'd on time its not going to delay af.

Update: after 2 whole days of no spotting at all AF came very vengeful my and heavier than normal. I will never know if it was a chemical or a very early MC as no access to tests. :( thanks for all your advice xx

Broody great to hear from you again. Sorry it's not the best news x I hope your if goes well in Feb better yet I hope you don't need it coz you caught naturally instead!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back