Jellybean arrived! (Anna Marie Holmes)

Jellybeanjen

Reaction score
Well as I am up, I thought I'd do my labour story :)

So..7am Friday my waters went. I heard a pop and them felt nothing but when I stood up it was just poring out. Phoned Greg who was on his way to London, to get home now. So he came back and took me to hospital (as I had group Bstrep I had to go in to get on IV anti biotics). Started getting mild contractions in the car about 8-9am ish and slowly getting worse. Delivery rooms were full so had a wall about and went to cafeteria to get food. People were staring as if I was just gonna give birth there and then lol.
Finally got a room and was started on the IV antibiotics and a hormone drip to speed up labour (already 3cm). My waters still kept pouring and at one time kinda squelched out right infront of midwifes face (blush). At 6cm (I think...) I asked for gas and air which was amazing and was my new best friend...something I told my OH and midwife ALOT apparantly lol. Waited a bit longer and pains were too much so had pethadine which isn't a pain killer but just made me care less in between contractions and fall asleep. I started getting in a lot of pain and I wanted to avoid epidural but asked to please examine me and if I am like 9 then I'll wait but if I'm not then I will have to ask for it. Then I don't really know what happened after that...I tol her I had urge to push and they felt and said I had a teeny bit of cervix left and babies head was not getting past it. They done lots of prodding and stretching and various painful things...I wet myself over them lol. The pushing urges we're too strong and they kept telling me not to which is the hardest so in the end they had to say to get an epidural so I can't feel pushing urges to avoid tearing. Sitting up was soooo painful!!! And they just kept stabbing me with needles...I felt every jab and they just kept telling me to keep dead still but I just was screaming "no I gotta push again" and trying to stop was impossible. In the end they couldn't get the epi in after about 5 local anaesthetics I still felt the needle. So they said we gotta be rushed to theatre to have a spinal block and assisted deliver as baby was stuck and in wrong position but if that failed then they would do a c section (which I wanted to avoid!!) so all I remember is not being allowed my gas with me so the bed ride down was just a blur of pain and pushing and panic. Got into theatre and they were hooking me up up all sorts,and explaining to Greg what is gonna happen etc. They managed the spinal block and laid me back and almost instant relief. Couldn't feel a ting and was just so comfortable!! Greg was by my head and chatting with me and they were getting all set up 'down there'. They then tried getting her into position and then told me when to push. I pushed with all my might to avoid the c section and after 3 pushes and help with ventouse she was out :D (2:23 am saturday) they took her off as was lazy breathing and then she had to go off to neo natal to get anti biotics. Apparantly had to have a lumbar puncture too but glad didn't have to see that. They told us she was a girl and saud she is very big and were saying "she looks about 9-10lb but well see now" and then there were shocked voices and they told us she was 11lb!
Had 2 episiotomys and had a tear too. I also was bleeding too much and they couldn't see where it was coming from. They stitched me up for about 2 hours and then took us to a recovery room. Waited for about 3 hours and finally they bought our daughter in to see us!! I tried BF but could only express in a syringe and she had that. Then we got moved to ward with other spinal block patients. And she had a big splint in her arm to hold her canula in place :(
She had to have a full 48hrs of anti biotics for infection and I had to have 2 blood transfusions so we didn't get discharged until late Monday night. Sooooooo good to be home now though! And here is our first cuddle and a few other pics:
009EFDE4-F01A-4E4C-81F1-F0F3AC196CB4-759-000000F9A4D6BE3D_zpsa17159de.jpg

7EBB9A71-7F1F-4524-BD14-1395EE3545DB-867-0000007C2EB19DA2_zpsfc225825.jpg

61D6C359-8B23-4955-9E06-590E3F011D76-759-000000F8A3DD91A1_zps55c8e04a.jpg

72BCD2B8-4B41-4B3C-8BD6-A03F94D6FB22-759-000000F8D2C58517_zps4b20ee1f.jpg

27ED47BA-84E3-4FB4-9719-C84148CB61A5-759-000000F9CFB07075_zps70def62f.jpg

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Awwww she is gorgeous! My girl was 9lb 14oz.....big babies are the best :)

Congratulations.....enjoy every second! If you want to spend all day curled up on the sofa with her in your arms then do it!! Thats what I wish I had done more of xxxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats, lovely photos. My Grace was 9lbs 7oz, I love big babies they are so cuddly :) xx

Thank you! Yeah I love bigger babies too! I feel like I'm not gonna break them...teeny ones look so fragile lol. I'm amazed how strong she is!! She lifts her head up already and can hold it there for a good while and holds her dummy and pushes it in her mouth if it's a little bit out! I swear she would have walked out of my foof if she was in there for longer lol. Xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Great story, Jen! So glad it all worked out ok in the end. Woah Nelly on the size of her!! You made me chuckle saying about her walking right out!

11 pounds! Wowzers!

She's gorgeous well done you.x

tapatalking

Proud mummy of Seren 15 Nov 2010 & Bethan 12 Oct 2012

congrats again, shes gorgeous. your hubby also looks like someone i used to know haha. if shes anything like my lo she will be sleepy the first week and then get really strong really quick and be able to hold her head up really well

i havnt been on in 4 months, so missed alot of you guys labours, but congrats hun, baby is beautiful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back