Jealousy help

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi
Dd is nearly 11 months. Ds is 1 month now... I was expecting some jealousy from her, but it's getting worse and worse. We try our hardest to have one on one with her still and include her in everything.
Shes started smacking ds in the face alot, we tell her off obviously but still doesn't stop her going back to try and do it again. She's started smacking me in the face to.
She's wanting to be fed like a baby again (which I do to not exclude her), wants to be held constantly and is super clingy. I'm on my own with them during the day so if they're both crying I hold them both and she will try and push him from my arms, cry even more because I'm holding him.. When someone's holding him and will refuse to look at that person.
Any tips or ways to help with this, or is it just a will get better in time thing?

Is there any way that you can have some one on one time with her at all. It might help?

Also invite her to help care for the baby, help with washing, changing nappies etc

I'm sorry you're having to go through this PB, I can't really offer much help either. My DD1 is 3 and has also been getting upset and jealous. She loves her new baby sister but she's struggling with sharing me. She used to be so good at playing by herself but now she just won't at all and gets upset if I'm feeding baby instead of playing.

What I will say is that it's all a phase! They'll come through it

Obviously the hitting you really need to address, has she ever hit anyone before or is it totally new?

If she doesn't want to look at someone else holding the baby I'd maybe jus leave her to it and use that time to play with her and you ignore baby to, you know he's safe and happy with someone so just focus on dd

Sorry that's not much help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back