Jayceesmum

Thank u so much for your reply it's really helped my confidence! This is her first 'drop' in weight.. Before she was going up but not at the rate to stay on her line.. She was 7.4 born and on 50th.. Gradually went to 25th now dropped to 9th.. I've got a pic on here somewhere of her graph that showed she was going up but not enough to keep on the line.. They wasn't worried as she was still going up but now she's dropped they are concerned.. She's very happy and content and doesn't act hungry at all.. She's happy feeding 4 hourly 4 times a day and sleeping thru the night.. Been like this since 4weeks.. But for some reason she's lost weight.. Wouldn't a high calori formula be the same as a bit of baby rice every now and then? Once a day maybe? I'm not sure if I wanna start her on a formula especially as she doesnt like bottles.. So confused lol!!!!!

Think I'll ask gp if rice would b the same as this formula on Friday.. That's if he decides to put her on it that is..

Glad they have given u some answers now Hun !! How old is she now can't see on my phone !! Is she showing signs of being ready for rice ? Can't see if it would hurt . I'm going to cause up raw again now by saying I have started weaning Rhea ! She loves it bless her .
U have done an amazing job hun and as she is happy and content that shows it. Hope the Gp can give u some more help. What was her weight today ? Xxx

Ah brilliant so glad she likes it!!! Sod it she's ur baby and IMO old enough for weaning!
She's done a poo :cheer: !!!
I thought she was last week but gonna talk to gp Friday first after he's checked her over.. I'd rather rice than calorie formula tbh!
She's still 10.9lb..
Ticker says 2 months 4 weeks 1 day lol.. 13 weeks tomo
Weaned both my girls at 12w as it was 'right' back then and they didn't have any probs from it!

10ib 9 isn't a bad weight Ethan weighed roughly that at the same age he has always followed just under the 25 th centile and Kian did them same. Rhea is bit bigger . Glad she has had a poo just had a monster off madam ! Weaned all mine around 12 weeks was ok with Ethan but not Kian but couldn't make him wait !! All mine have been fine and Rheas face lights up when she sees here food and has got better with her milk since too ! Don't blame u for wanting to try rice rather than the bottles. Like u said your baby u know her best xxxx

I didn't wean Florence until she was 6 months. As I said in an earlier post two years ago I had been made to think it would harm her if I gave her food earlier. Another way to get more milk down her is a split feed. Don't know whether you have tried but it would be like giving her 4 and half feeds a day. Basically feed her before bath/ bedtime routine and then finish feed as going to bed. So she is getting two feeds about an hour apart bug the ind before bath being Z smaller feed. I really like Nuk bottles. Using them this time rather than tt as Georgia is x bit colicky. If you read the reviews online they work for lots of people struggling with other bottles. They are also a lot cheaper than the medela one. Can her from boots now. X

Nuk ones are brilliant I used them for Jaycee! Ha to order them online coz they didn't sell them in shops and she hated all things silicone!!
I've tried feeding her more often than four hourly but she just doesn't want it.. Stubborn little madam knows what she wants!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back