Jayceesmum

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Good luck today with LO! hope you can get some answers!

Aw thanks babe :) just feeding her then off to clinic!!

Good luck, hope you get some answers today xxxx

Well they said her weight drop is concerning, she's dropped 2 centiles so she has been referred to see the gp who will feel her tummy and possibly prescribe her a high calorie formula. Told them she wouldn't take a bottle and she said its probably because it me feeding her and she has a preference she knows I can give her so someone else will have to give her the formula if she refuses to take it from me.. Asked about her sleeping too much and again they said its fine coz she's very alert and happy.. Told them she feeds less and less as the day goes on and hardly any at bedtime and she said it might be coz she's full.. Breastfed babies absorb everything in breast milk as its all good for them and just what they need so they can produce less waste, 10 days is fine but any more could mean a problem.. She felt her tummy and he said its soft so should be okay and if there was a blockage she would be sick alot and her tummy would be harder or bloated at times which it isn't.. Told them I've tried feeding her more but she doesn't want it and they said as long as I've tried there is nothing more I can do.. She's very happy and alert so they have no concerns except her weight loss.. I have to eat as much as I can etc.. Got a gp appointment on Friday so have to wait until then to see if they will prescribe her special formula or just keep an eye on her weight x

And what if she won't take the formula? ( that's my worse nightmare if something happened to me and Tyler won't take s bottle)

I'm glad the poo things ok. Wish mine went less!

Glad that they are going to try and help and that it's nothing serious. I'm sure things will get sorted soon and u can relax a bit about her. wow I'd love it if the HV told me to eat more :) good luck on Friday

I'm sure she's fine, hun, she might be one of those little ladies who don't like to pig out! :hug:

In any case, she's got the best care in the world!

Fingers crossed she gets sorted soon xxxx

Maybe things arnt so bad then, esp as they couldnt feel anything. I would also speak with your local breast feeding group as they might be able to give you a little feeding cup, I got one for Kynon and he kind of laps the milk out of it, you could also try a meleda bottle as it's the same sucking action as the breast. Are you eating a high carb diet and plenty of water? Think that will be what they mean about your diet esp as your already slim so not so much fat stores, you wouldnt believe how much I eat a day to keep up with Kynon!

Well it's not as bad as you'd feared then :hug: bless her

Thanks ladies!
I do worry she won't take the formula.. I don't know what I'd do! Probably have to wean her early..
I eat alot of carbs and probably could drink more water tbh so I will.. Gonna look into bf groups.. It's the 'young mum' thing that stops me.. Thanks hun I'll look at those bottles, we have the tommee tippee ones atm.. She took it before when I fed her formula for a few days after she was born..
Duno what the gp is gonna say.. If it was a blockage all she needed was a poo to sort it but now it's not and her weight has dropped.. Duno what it cud be? :(

Try the medela calm bottles they are suppose to be very similar to breastfeeding and LO needs to use its tongue to create a vacuum exactly like the breastfeeding to get the milk.

Thanks ill defo have a go with them!! Are they expensive??

I think they are a little pricey but worths the try I suppose.

Hope she puts weight on soon JM, I'm sure she will make up for it in the future :) xx

Hi. Glad you are getting answers and its not a blockage. You asked me about my eldest in the other post and I typed a long reply but then deleted by accident. My eldest dropped from 9th percentile to 2nd percentile and stayed lighter than others. She was long and skinny. However she was a contented baby and didn't seem hungry. They talked about formul top ups. I was bfing. I wasn't opposed to it at all but I felt she dIdnt need it as she was showing no signs of distress, hunger shortly after feeding etc. so I decided to hold off the top ups for a while and just keep an eye on her. As long as she stayed on the second percentile and stayed contented I would keep bfing. I felt they she just dropped to the centile line she should be at. She is fine. Was on the 50th centile at her two week check. She's really good with food and I let her lead it. Some days she eats loads, others not as much which is the same as most adults I know. Weight is such a worrying issue but two years ago they were supposed to be moving away from diagnosing by weight and instead usi g it as a factor to be considered amongst lots of things ie contendness, sleep etc. interestingly the hv for my second never even uses the graph. She just weighs her and asks me about her. She has put on 2 pounds in 6 weeks but dropped from 75th centile to under 50th. I know this as I used the graph. Again I think she is just settling in to her natural weight. Will keep an eye on it but spent so much time getting first weighed and worrying about it I am trying really hard not to do that again. Have feeling will have to top up evening feed with this lo one thOugh as injured back so stress of pain is reducing supply by evening. Really hope you get it sorted and at least it doesn't appear she is in any pain or discomfort x

Sorry that should be two year check that she was on 50th centile at rather than two week check x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back