Jasmine's parenting journal

Jasmine111

Reaction score
It's about time I started this, I was planning to do it sooner!

My daughter Olivia was born on 18th October 2016. It was a very difficult birth, I was in labour for ages, I got to the hospital at 4.30am on 17th October (3cm dilated). She wasn't born until 12.01am the next day. It was a forceps delivery with a third degree tear. I then suffered a lot of blood loss, after the birth and during surgery. I had a blood transfusion and was taking iron tablets for a while. It took me a while to recover from that on its own.

I was breast feeding at first, but when the midwife weighed her on day 5, she had lost 15% of her birth weight, the midwife said it's probably because your anaemic and it's affecting the quality of your milk, had to go to hospital just to make sure there was nothing wrong with baby. All was fine and I switched to mixed feeding to get her weight back up.

I then switched to purely formula feeding as my milk never satisfied her.

I was enjoying watching my baby grow but I still wasn't feeling well. Thinking it was my iron levels I went back to the docs and have been told that I have an over active thyroid which I'm now on medication for.

I'm hoping now that is it and I can enjoy being a parent at last!

Xx

I'm getting paranoid that baby is getting too heavy now after losing 16% of her birthweight. She was weighed on 12th Jan and had gone up to the 75th centile from 50th centile. She was a big baby, her birthweight was on the 75th centile. I was looking at her graphs earlier and when her length was measured at 7 weeks she was on the 91st centile. I'm hoping her length and weight are in proportion, I don't think she particularly drinks a lot xx

Nursery furniture arrived from mammas and papas this week, been busy putting that together, little one has her last lot of injections next week, can't wait to see the back of them xx

Haven't updated this in ages! My little one is almost 8 months now, her bottom two teeth are through and she is coming on a bundle. She is in her own room now which is nearly done just need to paint it. She hasn't taken to weaning as well as I thought she would but she is getting there and she is now registered at nursery for September :(, I'm going back to work part time. Hope everyone is doing well xx

Little one is nearly nine months old now, she has cut one of her top teeth now. Settling in sessions at nursery are not going that well, she cries the whole time but the staff are really good and said we can have as many settling sessions as we need. She isn't crawling yet but can hold herself up with her arms so don't think it will be too long x

First time on a swing :)

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 7
She is adorable. Glad the nursery are being helpful at getting her settled. Is there anything of yours with your scent on it that she could keep with her or a comfort toy?
I worked in a playgroup for years and we used to tell the parents to leave something of theirs with the child to look after until they got back, it helped the children know they would be back for them. Your little one is obv too young for that though xx

I bought her a comfort toy the other day to try and get her attached to it because she hasn't really taken to one thing in particular, she has lots of different things to play with and never chooses one thing. Think she is too much of a mummy's girl �� X

I think I may have the same with mine. She already won't be held by anyone but me!! Xx

Little one is now ten months old, can't believe how fast it's going. Settling in sessions at nursery are still not going great, she cries for me all the time, it's so upsetting. She's starting to get a proper little toothy smile now all her teeth are coming through xx

PS meant to say that I lost my father in law a couple of weeks ago, very unexpected and upsetting, just so sad that she will grow up not knowing her grandad :( xx

Last edited:
It’s been a tough few weeks. Little one has had croup and a cough/cold �� x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back