Japanese

nickilubs

Reaction score
I'm not even gone that far but looking at names already a bit unusual but i love Japanese names and meanings of names. So far.....

Girl--Sakura which means Cherry Blossom

Boy--Ryu which means dragon

Also I love Rurie for a boy and Summer for a girl, my boyfriend is Irish and I melt when he says Rurie :oops:

What does everyone think? I dont think they are too hard to spell or prenounce but Im not sure...

Sakura is nice and straightforward enough to pronounce.

Ryu I'm not keen on as I can't seem to decide which way to pronounce it and its not feeling good either way I try.

Rurie I think is said like Rory? Its a good name, but I prefer the English spelling if in England as maybe otherwise it'd be confusing for people.

I tend to prefer traditional spellings of names over newer variations as otherwise people end up having to be corrected of spelling or maybe even pronounce it differently.

I think all of those names are lovely. I love the Irish acccent too :D

hey gingercubes......sorry to jump post where about r u in cornwall ur the 1st person ive seen that says there from cornwall!!!!!!

Sakura's nice :D What about Mei? (pronounced May)
I heard it on another forum, someone's Japenese mother was called it.

One of my sons friends is called Rurie, but he spells it something like Ruaridh. I don't know how he'll ever learn to spell it cos I can't :lol:

:D Yeh the English Rurie is prenounced and said "Rory" the Irish way is "Rur-ree"

Muppetmummy- Yeh hehe thats the other Irish spelling but I'm going along the lines of if I cant spell it then I cant call my kiddy it haha.

I had the same problem with Ryu I say "Roo" my boyfriend says "Ry-u" its probley a no just because of that couldnt have us calling him two names hehe.

Ryu makes me think of the old Street Fighter II / Mortal Kombat games on the SNES - there was a character called Ryu in one of them!! :D

If u want it pronounced rhu-ri then its spelt Ruairdh

Rory is Rory ;) even in Scotland

Ruaridh is popular up here - I teach a few

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27