January Mums???????

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Pinkness, May 23, 2005.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

All I have eaten for the last 3 days is ice cream and crisps, how bad is that lol!! :oops:

2. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi

:( I feel so ill. been sick this morning and now i feel so drained. would it be better to try and eat or drink something before being sick, would it stop me being so drained.

help

xx

3. Sparkols

Sparkols Active Member

Hi Davina,

God, I know how you feel - I can't remember a single day for the past 3-4 weeks where I HAVEN'T felt incredibly sick, headachey & exhausted - it's like a combination of a stomach bug, the flu & a hangover - YUK - I'm soooooooooooooooo fed up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel [email protected] today - sick, headache, totally drained - can't seem to stomach food OR drink - having to force water down in order to stay hydrated!!

I USUALLY find that eating SOMETHING - ANYTHING does help a bit with the sickness - it settles the stomach slightly. It's weird how you can feel so sick but starving hungry at the same time isn't it?!

I'm getting by most days by nibbling on things every hour or 2 to stave off the hunger pangs & although I don't really want it, it does seem to help settle the nausea - I'm living on dry crackers, plain biccies, ready salted crisps, etc. - dull, dull, dull, but all I can stomach during the day - ??!!

USUALLY, on a better day, by 7pm ish, I start to feel 'properly' hungry & I can manage a very small portion of something more interesting for tea!!
    I'm cooking for hubby & just making sure that whatever we have is either quite plain or I can adapt mine so that it is, while he's still chomping away on things like curry, stir-fry, chilli, spicy/creamy sauces, etc etc etc that I can't bear to even look at right now - BAH HUMBUG - when will it stop???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, it really gets you down doesn't it??!! I've even had to give up ginger things, as it was all causing me the worst heartburn ever!! My taste buds feel completely dead!!

I can't wait for it to pass, (please god - SOON!!) so that I can eat loads of things I'm missing - Thai, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, etc etc etc!!

How are you coping with the exhaustion?! I've never felt so tired & drained in my whole life - it's like my body has been invaded by aliens, not just one (hopefully!) teeny tiny little human!!??!! I was lying on the sofa yesterday & the phone rang & I seriously couldn't get up to answer it - I felt sooooooooooooooooooooooo shattered!! Argh!!!!

I can't sleep at night either - can't get comfy, keep waking up to pee, then I feel hungry or have heartburn, or I accidentally turn over onto my tummy & my boobs hurt, etc etc etc - it's sooooooooooooo frustrating!!!!

I'm normally very even tempered & calm, etc, but I was lying awake last night, listening to my husband snoring & I could quite happily have screamed at him & throttled him in his sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At one point, I was wondering if I could summon up enough energy to push him out of bed!!

God, early pregnancy really does suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing the weeks away till I get to the 'glowing' bit - ????!!!!

Take care & hang in there!!
    Kath.
    XX

4. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi Kath

Nice to hear from you.

The worst bit for me was that i had the sickness for 9 months with my other two. Never had the tiredness though. i am so knackered. My 3 year old got in bed with us last night and all bloody night he kept proding me. I feel like finding a cave and just hibernating.

God bless cream crackers

xx

5. Sparkols

Sparkols Active Member

Hi Davina,

I can't imagine how hard it must be to look after a toddler at the same time as feeling like this - you have my full sympathy & admiration!!!!

One of my neighbours has just had her second baby & was telling me the other day that she had to get her mum to come & stay for a couple of weeks when she was first pregnant cos her sickness/tiredness was so bad that she couldn't look after her 2 year old properly!!

I'm thinking that would be about the only benefit to having twins that I can think of right now - only having to go through pregnancy once & not having to do it whilst caring for an active toddler!! Hard work for the first few years though - I guess it's a trade-off??!!

I'm still waiting for my local midwife to contact me - the doc said it would be around 8 weeks. I'm hoping for a scan ASAP to check how many are in there!! I've conceived after taking a course of fertility drugs, so apparently there's a 10% increased chance of twins - plus, I'm 34 & I keep reading that the chances of twins increases as you get older too - uh oh!!

It's so weird - I was saying to my friend the other day that since peeing on those 5 (!!) pregnancy tests almost 4 weeks ago, nothing has happened re. confirming the fact that I am actually pregnant & I can't wait for a scan or something so that I can be reassured that something is in fact there!! Having said that, I guess these symptoms are a fairly good indicator eh????!!!!

K.
    XX

6. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Well, I'm still eating like a lion...had TWO helpings of chicken supreme and rice today and STILL peckish...but it's usually in the evening. Mornings I'm nauseous until about 9, then I can eat a couple slices of toast, then I'm STARVING by about 11...and not great at lunch, then really weak and nauseous with hunger - if that makes sense- in the evening. I've decided I'm going to try to cook our meals the night before because I'm so bushed when I come in from work, at 4. My eyes were literally closing as I drove home today. NOT good. I went to bed and slept for 2 hours, and then got up and was starving but didn't feel like cooking. It's going to get rather expensive if I keep that up, we can't keep getting take-aways!

So glad I'm not really sick. had a couple of bad bouts of nausea in the last couple of weeks, but no throwing up, and not really unable to cope with it in the morning.

And I'm now craving sugary things, rather than salty, it seems to have changed overnight.

God bless understanding husbands...he's being really sympathetic.

*rush of love*

Sue

7. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Wow, I have only just joined this forum today and I am amazed to see so many january mums!

I am apparently due on the 28th Jan, with my first! yikes!. The whole event was planned in great detail over a year and we planned to get pregnant on our honeymoon last month and it happened! Still a major shock though, we were expecting it to take much longer, but I had been off the pill for a year, so I guess my body was just very ready!

Would love to get to know all of you and also interested to hear if anyone else heads straight under the duvet at the first sign of a mystery twinge. I am normally a very active person, but this whole project has turned me into a bit of a nervous wreck! :D

Well, here I am and ready to chat to you all.

8. Guest

Welcome to the site and congratulations!

9. Sarah W Baby Belly

Thanks Sami for your quick reply!

There are women out there who are going through the same as me.
    :D
    just had a quick read through all the posts on this thread and realised that i didn't say about my symptoms so far.

I haven't had sickness, but I do start feeling very nauseous every couple of hours so I am sticking to the pattern of eating I had before all this started, of little and often and it is working.

I have already gone off ginger, but I have found that bananas, and preggiepops, are excellent if nausea strikes in the car.

my boobs have been permanently painful and have already grown! (good bit!)

i have had lots of funny twinges which have worried us but I think that most of them are down to trapped wind, so I am making sure that I now walk around after eating instead of sitting all scrunched up.

My tummy is constantly bloated so I have already ditched my work trousers in favour of something a bit looser. I wasn't expecting to have to do this so early.

I am just counting my blessings that I seem to be avoiding actually being sick at the moment.

Oh..... and of course the sudden tiredness. Thank goodness for my understanding husband! We have only been married for 5.5 weeks, and it looks like the honeymoon period is over already!

:wink:

lovely to meet you all

10. trevinosbaby

trevinosbaby Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site and congrats Sarah!!! I know how you feel, and I'm 10 weeks. Don't be surprise if you get twinges around the pelvic area. It's just the strecthing of the liagements. Have you had any cravings yet? :)

11. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah & Baby belly, And Welcome!

Ive been on a few sites and this is by far the best, some people think the just know it all and give you wrong info, I'm a worrier at the best of times, so they did not help, but people on hear give you advice and there own experiences, which helps me alot, with it being my first! I have read so many books!!!! I like the fact that I'm not the only one that needs bigger clothes!!! I normally have size 14 because of my height and the are abit baggy around my belly NOT ANYMORE!!! Going shopping next week! Maternity section here we come!

Oh and welcome to married life!!! We waited until our new house was ready 3 monthsof trying and....here we are! So happy!!

Welcome from Cat & Baby Bean

12. Tiny Sue

Hey Sarah...

Wow only married five and half weeks! That's brilliant! We've been married for about 7 and a half months now, but we had to wait to get pregnant because I got immunisations for the honeymoon and then you're advised to wait at least 6 months. We got preggie second try, to my utter surprise, because neither of us are very young...DH is 38 and I'm 32.

*HUG* keep posting hun... we'll look after you!*L* Your due date is only three days after mine!

Sue

13. Sarah W Baby Belly

Hi everyone

You are all so nice. I am getting a lot of support from my husband and close friends but all of them have either never had babies or it was such a long time they can't remember anything. :)

So it is wonderful to talk to people who are going through it right now. I actually found this site because I keep getting bad trapped wind :oops: sorry too much information, and i made my DH look it up on the internet and he found this site for me.

I recently bought what I though was one of the best books you can buy on the subject but it is amazing how much it doesn't tell you. It doesn't mention trapped wind or that if you stand up too quickly you can end up doubled over with cramp and that the boobs will start growing almost immediately. I am already a C cup instead of a B cup!

Also it said that after 12 weeks you might start noticing you need baggier clothes. Well yes, I was kind of expecting that, but I wasn't expecting to feel so bloated already and already wanting to wear tents.

So thank you so much to you all for enlightening me on what it is really like.

I might even take the book back to the shop actually. It is not helping me as much as you guys. :)

As far as cravings go, I didn't think I would get them this soon. I haven't really had any yet. Apart from gazing lovingly at a bottle of cava bought for me as a honeymoon gift, which will remain unopened indefinitely :(

I actually had loads of energy yesterday and managed to go for a nice swim, which was lovely and relaxing. i used to do karate up until I found out I was pregnant, but I feel that swimming will now be my new best friend. I feel so great afterwards.

Anyway, another big hug and hello to you all. You will see me right until the end of this project. Warts and all.

:lol:

Talk later

14. Skidoo

Skidoo Well-Known Member

I'm apparently due at the end of January, but I don't really believe it yet. I did the test on Sunday only to confirm that I wasn't as I'd been feeling really pre-menstrual and moody. I reckoned I'd be about 4 wks as I'd done a test the week before that came out negative, but the doctor reckons its about 6-7 wks.

I've got all kinds of wierd pains and twinges. Mostly lower belly, but also left shoulder and hip - does anyone else have anything like that?

15. Tiny Sue

hey Skidoo - yup, twinges are normal. Your ligaments and muscles are all stretching to make room for baby, and your organs are starting to rearrange themselves. My health nurse told me it was all fine and very positive, as is the sickness and nausea, which I seem to be escaping.
    Sarah, yep, I get a cramp when I stand up too fast and also when I sneeze. I've heard of the pain in the shoulder bit...I think it's supposed to be caused by air bubbles between your organs because they are getting spaced out...the air bubbles up to the shoulder area because there is nowhere else for it to go!
    My husband is a karate instructor and though I never did karate, it would probably be better if you didn't while pregnant. Swimming is supposed to be the best thing ever *thinks about getting back to pool when she stops being so tired* heh.
    What type of karate do you practise?

Sue

16. Sarah W Baby Belly

Hi Skidoo

Yes I was getting funny pains and twinges down there and I found it quite frightening because I am a bit of a wimp.

I was quite angry because the pregnancy book I bought didn't seem to cover this, so my only resolve was to hide under the duvet and cry.

However i have found out more about it now. Some of my pains were the natural stretching of the area and the other ones were just down to very painful trapped wind after my big evening meal which I have now cut down on. Also eating more slowly and seems to be helping.

As for the karate thing, I am doing shotokan. I was actually about to take my grading for my fifth belt and had to miss out. I did consider taking it, but on the night I was very cramped up and exhausted so couldn't have managed a two hour session of remembering stuff.

Ho hum. I actually went on a small bike ride last night and I was totally elated when I got back, it filled me with so much positivity! Pregnancy seems to make you feel like you are out of control of your body and exercise seems to be just one way of re-gaining that control.

17. Tiny Sue

Sarah - what a coincidence, my husband also does shotokan. Are you a tall person? It's supposed to be the "tall person's karate", isn't it? He's going for his fourth dan black at the end of the year, so training has begun in earnest.

*HUG* I feel like such a dead weight around the house at the moment, and a wimp when it comes to sick tummy feelings or really tired afternoons. I think you're right. I will go back to swimming next week, and see if I feel more in control. I'm driving support for a cycle my husband and a group of friends are doing for the weekend. I'm not a cyclist, specially not off road. This is about 80 miles, but I only managed 20 last year before I gave up!

Having said that, we walked it the year before with the same group and I raced my husband the last 200 yards!

yep, exercise it is*S*

Sue

18. Tiny Sue

oh dear... I was a bit off topic wasn't I? Sorry.... :oops:

19. Sarah W Baby Belly

not at all! :D

its lovely to find out more about peoples lives other than the baby thing.

how are your symptoms now?

:lol:

20. amie_c_p

amie_c_p New Member

Am due January 17th, this is my second baby, although my youngest is fast approaching 5 now. Am 23 and can't beleive i'm going to be a mum of 2! I don't remember anything from being pregnant with Joshua so it feels like i'm doing everything for the first time